NBA 2010-2011

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

NBA 2010-2011

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

So I'm curious on some other takes on the Carmelo Anthony trade rumors. He's said to want to go to New York or Chicago and it looks like if it's Chicago then Denver wants Joakim Noah. Surprisingly most Bulls fans don't want this deal, and new team "ambassador" Scottie Pippen agrees with them, have they all lost their minds? Listen as currently constituted the Bulls are probably the 4th best team in the East, with virtually no chance at a championship, damn good but not good enough. With Anthony they're an instant title contender. Am I missing something here?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

brstigerfan

Re: NBA 2010-2011

Post by brstigerfan »

I can see how Noah would be a fan-favorite, but yes, any Bulls fan who wouldn't rather have Carmelo Anthony is out of their mind.

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

I am a Bulls fan and I don't want this trade to happen. First off, it would involve the Bulls losing not only Noah, but also Deng and Taj Gibson. Yes Carmelo is a very talented offensive player, but he's a huge liability on defense. Deng and Noah are the best two defenders on the team, and with Tom Thibideau at the helm, they're going to be a defensive minded team. If the trade happened, our three best players would be Rose, Carmelo, and Boozer. All of which are below average defenders. Plus I don't think the overall drop off from Carmelo to Deng is that great, but losing Noah would cause a major weakness at the center position. We need him to pick up the slack (defensively) playing next to Boozer. This team right now is a team built on hard workers who play team basketball, and everybody has their role. I don't want to see what happens if Carmelo is brought into the mix and we lose our identity and chemistry. The Bulls are set up to be much improved over last year and I want to give these guys a chance before we make any changes. And don't forget Noah's been in the league three years and has improved considerably each of those years. And he brings a confidence, attitude, and toughness to the team that would not otherwise be there. No trade!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Relax. The Bulls just signed Brian Scalabrine. You're all set now.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

The Drifter
Location: The Drifter holds on to his youth, just like it was money in the bank.

Post by The Drifter »

beantownbubba wrote:Relax. The Bulls just signed Brian Scalabrine. You're all set now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as time out high fives and cheerleading goes, the Bulls have upgraded, BIG TIME!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Drifter I can't believe you would be against this trade. As they stand now the Bulls will be in basketball hell for years. They're not good enough to compete for a title and far too good to get good draft picks. They will play hard, win some games and be competitive but the only thing that matters in pro sports are championships. As long as your point guard is your best player they won't win one. Put Carmelo on the team, even minus Noah, and they could win one this season. without him I see no chance of beating Miami, Boston or even Orlando. I like Noah, he's a nice player, but I would trade anyone on that roster (except Rose) for Carmelo who is a top 5 player in the league.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

The Drifter

Post by The Drifter »

I mean, I wouldn't be destroyed if the trade were to/would have happened. And I would be optimistic about what could be but right now I think I want to try it with what we have first.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I loved the idea of Melo at first but feel like he'd be a Milton Bradley with the Bulls. Keep Noah. It probably wouldn't waiver me either way tho.

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

I think Melo should stay put in Denver. They had an unforunate outing of last season, but if they continue, they'll definitely be one of the top 4-5 in the West.

As a Jazz fan, and being from SLC...I'm extremely excited about our roster this year and Denver has always been a great, great rivalry...I'd like them to stay competitive. :twisted:

Also, it's refreshing to actually be able to discuss this on a board, the other forum I'm on people just bitch about the NBA like it's so much more commercialized than any other league. :roll:

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Drifter I can't believe you would be against this trade. As they stand now the Bulls will be in basketball hell for years. They're not good enough to compete for a title and far too good to get good draft picks. They will play hard, win some games and be competitive but the only thing that matters in pro sports are championships. As long as your point guard is your best player they won't win one. Put Carmelo on the team, even minus Noah, and they could win one this season. without him I see no chance of beating Miami, Boston or even Orlando. I like Noah, he's a nice player, but I would trade anyone on that roster (except Rose) for Carmelo who is a top 5 player in the league.

Trade Boozer. That fucking cry baby.

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

Also, after Kevin Durant's way of handling the off-season in contrast to LeClown's egomania, I think I'll be supporting KD for the remainder of his career (pending asshole behavior). He's a class act so far, and a fantastic basketball player.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

dcfaithful wrote:Also, after Kevin Durant's way of handling the off-season in contrast to LeClown's egomania, I think I'll be supporting KD for the remainder of his career (pending asshole behavior). He's a class act so far, and a fantastic basketball player.
Yeah, we feel incredibly fortunate to have KD in a Thunder uniform. He's quickly becoming one of the most beloved sports figures to ever call this state home. He's obviously a great player, but his attitude has sealed the deal.
Never thought I'd be gushing like this about anyone that went to UT!
That's how good he is. :D

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

4sooner wrote:Never thought I'd be gushing like this about anyone that went to UT!

How do you mean?

and yeah, his attitude is a breath of fresh air, I love it. I truly wish he was sporting a Jazz jersey. He's got a very bright career ahead of him if he just keeps being the respectable young guy that he is.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

dcfaithful wrote:
4sooner wrote:Never thought I'd be gushing like this about anyone that went to UT!

How do you mean?

and yeah, his attitude is a breath of fresh air, I love it. I truly wish he was sporting a Jazz jersey. He's got a very bright career ahead of him if he just keeps being the respectable young guy that he is.
The OU/TX thing.
My momma raised me to despise all thing Longhorn.

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

4sooner wrote:
dcfaithful wrote:

How do you mean?

The OU/TX thing.
My momma raised me to despise all thing Longhorn.

Oh..duh. Sorry, I thought you were referring to the state of Utah...where I'm from. I was thinking: "KD didn't go to Utah...did he?"

I had to double check. :lol:

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

On the topic of Noah and Melo, I think the reason Chicago wants to keep Noah is that he is really their only dominant big man. Looking at the roster, they only have one reserve for the billed center position and it is Ömer Aşık from Turkey. Never heard of the guy or seen him play. Perhaps Chicago is begging to keep Noah cause they know something about this guy that we don't.

As a Jazz fan and knowing what it's like to lack a strong big man to have post presence...I think a lot of the fans are right in this. Having Melo won't be the one thing that makes them title contenders. They have picked up an incredible defensive coach to be their head coach...and with the acquisition of Boozer, Korver, and Ronnie Brewer while keeping Rose and Deng, they shouldn't be too overlooked.

They need Noah, as much as it may seem now that they don't, they do. Melo can score and put up points, but without a reliable big-man who can play defense...he won't help them too much. Seriously, they need to hang on to Noah...or ask for Nene with Melo...then they'd be in great shape. :lol:

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Any chance the Wizards can get in the Melo mix? Send the now glum Agent Zero and Butler & Haywood & Jamison (that's right we already gave them away for nothing), and bring Melo close to home. Maybe Wiz can conjure up some of that lottery night magic to give J. Wall a new playmate. Gilbert ain't gonna wanna be 2nd banana.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

So Boozer "tripped over a bag" and broke his shooting hand? and he is out until December? Right-- more like douchebag. Bulls fans, welcome to the bullshit world of Carlos Boozer. :lol:
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

Gator McKlusky wrote:So Boozer "tripped over a bag" and broke his shooting hand? and he is out until December? Right-- more like douchebag. Bulls fans, welcome to the bullshit world of Carlos Boozer. :lol:

Never like to see anyone get hurt (well, almost anyone), but, Ha Ha!

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

UTHeathen wrote:
Gator McKlusky wrote:So Boozer "tripped over a bag" and broke his shooting hand? and he is out until December? Right-- more like douchebag. Bulls fans, welcome to the bullshit world of Carlos Boozer. :lol:

Never like to see anyone get hurt (well, almost anyone), but, Ha Ha!

Yeah no shit. Have fun with him, Chicago. Personally as a Jazz fan, what pained me the most was seeing Korver leave. That guy is giong to do some good shit for the Bulls.

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

dcfaithful wrote:Yeah no shit. Have fun with him, Chicago. Personally as a Jazz fan, what pained me the most was seeing Korver leave. That guy is giong to do some good shit for the Bulls.

In a very streaky way, but I too was not thrilled to see Korver split. If he gets some PT in Chicago, he will quickly become a fan favorite. Hopefully Raja Bell brings it this year. I hated it when he left the Jazz a few years ago too.

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

UTHeathen wrote:
dcfaithful wrote:Yeah no shit. Have fun with him, Chicago. Personally as a Jazz fan, what pained me the most was seeing Korver leave. That guy is giong to do some good shit for the Bulls.

In a very streaky way, but I too was not thrilled to see Korver split. If he gets some PT in Chicago, he will quickly become a fan favorite. Hopefully Raja Bell brings it this year. I hated it when he left the Jazz a few years ago too.

I think Raja will do us some good, and yes...if Korver gets the court time that Sloan didn't give him, he's bound to improve and become a big part of their squad.

I don't know if you heard UTHeathen, but last weekend there was a free Jazz scrimmage at the EnergySolutions Arena. The girlfriend and I went and watched...the team isnt' looking bad. I'm really excited about having Al Jefferson on our starting line-up.

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

Jazz beat the Lakers last night, thank God.

We're off to a 6-0 start in the preseason. Hope it's a good indication of the season! Can't wait for opening day. 8-)

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Can't wait for Tuesday.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The NBA season is kind of the macro sized version of an NBA game: Watch the last 2 minutes and you've seen the whole thing.* Do we really need 82 games now? All that can happen is that a key injury ruins the chances of one of the few teams w/ a real chance to win (especially a team that relies on a lot of, ummmm, veteran, yeah that's the polite word, players, not that i have any team in mind). Anyway, tonite, at least, should be interesting: gotta thank the schedule makers for the celtics - heat kickoff. See ya in May, lol.

* I used to HATE it when people said that, now i mostly believe it. This means that I am old. :o :shock: :lol: (at me)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Well, the big 3 or the 3 kings or whatever they're calling themselves certainly got off to a slow start last nite. Sloppy game, but the good guys won and lebron got booed throughout. He did, however, take over the game in the second half in his uniquely scary way. Wade will clearly play better soon but i'm thinking bosh is gonna fade pretty quickly into "damn i hope those 2 guys can win me a ring, cause otherwise this was a pretty big mistake" territory.

Edit: Oh yeah, the game did come down to "it's all about the last 2 minutes," too :lol:

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

It's Thunder time!!!!
Bulls come to town tonight.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Woot! Woot! The jazz come stormimg back to beat the Heat--Paul Millsap scores 11 points in the last 28 seconds. Incredible.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

dcfaithful

Post by dcfaithful »

Gator McKlusky wrote:Woot! Woot! The jazz come stormimg back to beat the Heat--Paul Millsap scores 11 points in the last 28 seconds. Incredible.

Millsap is going to have a great season, I can feel it.

FUCK MIAMI.