Topic icon explanation for dingbats

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Topic icon explanation for dingbats

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Can someone please explain what the topic icons do/are for? Thanks
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

Clams

Re: Topic icon explanation for dingbats

Post by Clams »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:Can someone please explain what the topic icons do/are for? Thanks

I would, but I'm a dingbat like you. :lol:
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'll raise u one, Lurleen: What are topic icons? :oops:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Lurleen McQueen

When you are typing text in a box to post - along the top - above where you can pick font, quote, image, url, etc. there is a line called post icon. I guess you can affix these icons to your post, but I don't know what they all mean or the proper way to use them

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Ive come over all experimental
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

it appears that if you click a post icon, it adds that icon to your reply header thingy.

as to the point of it, I have no clue. I may start picki' them at random from now on. I literally never noticed until you pointed it out....
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Like u, monsieur francais, i have no idea what it all means, and i never noticed til ms lurleen brought it up, but u do have me laughing out loud :D Perhaps the NC can invent names/tags/categories for the icons.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

scotto

Post by scotto »

My, this new board is all uppity, what with the topic icons and such.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

In an attempt to correct the wrongs that have been being committed on this forum for far too long now I am going back, all the way back to the beginning of time, to answer every unanswered question or un-responded response. So to kick things off we're gonna take it back to Tuesday April 27, 2010 9:20 pm when our wonderful Lurleen McQueen inquired about the meanings of the many different topic icons the new phpBB3 based 3DD forum offered. Instead of the concise explanation she was seeking and most surely deserved she only received remarks of jest and sarcasm.

Topic icons are only available when posting a new topic to the Drive-By Truckers discussion or Former Band Members forums. The reason for this limitation can maybe be explained by a moderator or administrator.

Here is my breakdown of the new topic icons as I interpret them. I'm sure someone here will have their own take on these and will tell me how I got it wrong... :roll:

So there you have it Lurleen. Case solved. The wrong has been made right. Perhaps you will come back and post more often now.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Im still a dingbat.
If you don't run you rust

Lurleen McQueen

:evil:
potatoeater wrote:In an attempt to correct the wrongs that have been being committed on this forum for far too long now I am going back, all the way back to the beginning of time, to answer every unanswered question or un-responded response. So to kick things off we're gonna take it back to Tuesday April 27, 2010 9:20 pm when our wonderful Lurleen McQueen inquired about the meanings of the many different topic icons the new phpBB3 based 3DD forum offered. Instead of the concise explanation she was seeking and most surely deserved she only received remarks of jest and sarcasm.

Topic icons are only available when posting a new topic to the Drive-By Truckers discussion or Former Band Members forums. The reason for this limitation can maybe be explained by a moderator or administrator.

Here is my breakdown of the new topic icons as I interpret them. I'm sure someone here will have their own take on these and will tell me how I got it wrong... :roll:

So there you have it Lurleen. Case solved. The wrong has been made right. Perhaps you will come back and post more often now.
well it's about damned time. Thanks P.E. Meanwhile, I've since married and moved in with a mod and even he didn't bother to splain the icons to me. I feel like I can finally exhale and start to live my life anew.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Lurleen McQueen wrote::evil:
potatoeater wrote:In an attempt to correct the wrongs that have been being committed on this forum for far too long now I am going back, all the way back to the beginning of time, to answer every unanswered question or un-responded response. So to kick things off we're gonna take it back to Tuesday April 27, 2010 9:20 pm when our wonderful Lurleen McQueen inquired about the meanings of the many different topic icons the new phpBB3 based 3DD forum offered. Instead of the concise explanation she was seeking and most surely deserved she only received remarks of jest and sarcasm.

well it's about damned time. Thanks P.E. Meanwhile, I've since married and moved in with a mod and even he didn't bother to splain the icons to me. I feel like I can finally exhale and start to live my life anew.
Grounds for divorce. You two were a terrible match anyway. :lol:
Now it's dark.

phungi

Post by phungi »

Clams wrote:Im still a dingbat.
you only have yourself to blame...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Flea

Post by Flea »

phungi wrote:
Clams wrote:Im still a dingbat.
you only have yourself to blame...

Now it's dark.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Potatoeater wins again!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone