Last Movie Watched

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

User avatar
bovine knievel
Posts: 9351
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: Pollyanna doesn't live here.

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by bovine knievel »

chuckrh wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:08 am
Image
Watched this last night. That crowd/mosh pit was fucking insane. Fred Dirtz is a damn fool. What a shit show. Literally.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Zip City
Posts: 17313
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by Zip City »

How many angry 20 year olds at Woodstock '99 were the angry 42 year olds storming the Capitol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

User avatar
bovine knievel
Posts: 9351
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: Pollyanna doesn't live here.

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by bovine knievel »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:47 pm
How many angry 20 year olds at Woodstock '99 were the angry 42 year olds storming the Capitol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

bovine knievel wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:08 am
Image
Watched this last night. That crowd/mosh pit was fucking insane. Fred Dirtz is a damn fool. What a shit show. Literally.
It's a horror movie. I personally am not wild about festivals & stuff like this goes on at a minor level at a lot of them. I was very disappointed in how the Chili Peppers reacted, fanning the flames so to speak. In comparison, the legendary NIN set at Woodstock 94 is good clean fun, haha.


chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

to paraphrase Soundgarden, big dumb fun!
Image

Zip City
Posts: 17313
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by Zip City »

bovine knievel wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:08 am
Image
Watched this last night. That crowd/mosh pit was fucking insane. Fred Dirtz is a damn fool. What a shit show. Literally.

I was not expecting to hate someone as much as I hated John Scher. What a dick
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

User avatar
schlanky
Posts: 1189
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: Take a left on the interstate.

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by schlanky »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:07 pm
On Hulu...

Really enjoyed this film.

Image
I watched this over the weekend. I really enjoyed it too.
Let the outside air in

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by tinnitus photography »

schlanky wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:53 am
pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:07 pm
On Hulu...

Really enjoyed this film.

Image
I watched this over the weekend. I really enjoyed it too.
man was that good. i hope a lot of the footage that didn't make it in the movie is available in some form. would like to see the entire Sonny Sharrock set.

beantownbubba
Posts: 21772
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:23 pm
i hope a lot of the footage that didn't make it in the movie is available in some form
I believe Questlove said that will happen, but I'm not 100% sure.

And for the record:

Summer of Soul - See this movie. Right now. Do not pass Go and do not collect $200 until you have seen this movie. Quite possibly the greatest musical documentary ever made. It will take some time before I can make that judgment in any calm, rational way, but there's no doubt it's a contender. And it's driving me crazy that I never heard of the events covered by the film until I started hearing the buzz about the movie. Incredible performances throughout and the political context is brilliantly handled, quite illuminating and very on point for the times we live in right now.

This was the first movie I've seen in a theater in quite some time and it was well worth it. If you've got all the bells and whistles at home, it might be ok on tv (hulu) but everyone else should do themselves a favor and get to their local cinema.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

User avatar
Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin
Posts: 20230
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm
Location: The Twilight Zone, along with everyone else

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:23 pm
tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:23 pm
i hope a lot of the footage that didn't make it in the movie is available in some form
I believe Questlove said that will happen, but I'm not 100% sure.

And for the record:

Summer of Soul - See this movie. Right now. Do not pass Go and do not collect $200 until you have seen this movie. Quite possibly the greatest musical documentary ever made. It will take some time before I can make that judgment in any calm, rational way, but there's no doubt it's a contender. And it's driving me crazy that I never heard of the events covered by the film until I started hearing the buzz about the movie. Incredible performances throughout and the political context is brilliantly handled, quite illuminating and very on point for the times we live in right now.

This was the first movie I've seen in a theater in quite some time and it was well worth it. If you've got all the bells and whistles at home, it might be ok on tv (hulu) but everyone else should do themselves a favor and get to their local cinema.
Yeah, it's fucking amazing.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

User avatar
Beaverdam
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: Appomattox, VA-Covington, TN

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by Beaverdam »

Zip City wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:12 am
bovine knievel wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:08 am
Image
Watched this last night. That crowd/mosh pit was fucking insane. Fred Dirtz is a damn fool. What a shit show. Literally.

I was not expecting to hate someone as much as I hated John Scher. What a dick
I just watched after reading on here. I appreciate y’all posting so I knew. Wow! ‘99 seems like a long time ago. I was a rising senior in college that summer…

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

great documentary
Image

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

beantownbubba
Posts: 21772
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by beantownbubba »

State of Play is a movie from 2009 w/ which I was unfamiliar. But it has a true all star cast and an interesting sounding plot so we went for it and very much enjoyed it. Another one that won't change your life but a well made thriller ripped from the headlines, as they say, and as relevant today as it was when it was made. The bad guys are a Blackwater-like company and their impact on our lives is continues to be a mostly unexamined blight. But don't let that scare ya - it's not a polemic, it's a thriller. The ending wimps out a bit but overall well worth watching.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

305 Engine
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:53 am

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by 305 Engine »

beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:09 pm
State of Play is a movie from 2009 w/ which I was unfamiliar. But it has a true all star cast and an interesting sounding plot so we went for it and very much enjoyed it. Another one that won't change your life but a well made thriller ripped from the headlines, as they say, and as relevant today as it was when it was made. The bad guys are a Blackwater-like company and their impact on our lives is continues to be a mostly unexamined blight. But don't let that scare ya - it's not a polemic, it's a thriller. The ending wimps out a bit but overall well worth watching.
This was actually a remake of a British tv show. I remember seeing it at the time and thinking that they'd done a pretty good job of translating it into a movie. Not sure why it didn't work at the box office. I'll have to seek it out and watch it again.

beantownbubba
Posts: 21772
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by beantownbubba »

305 Engine wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 am
beantownbubba wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:09 pm
State of Play is a movie from 2009 w/ which I was unfamiliar. But it has a true all star cast and an interesting sounding plot so we went for it and very much enjoyed it. Another one that won't change your life but a well made thriller ripped from the headlines, as they say, and as relevant today as it was when it was made. The bad guys are a Blackwater-like company and their impact on our lives is continues to be a mostly unexamined blight. But don't let that scare ya - it's not a polemic, it's a thriller. The ending wimps out a bit but overall well worth watching.
This was actually a remake of a British tv show. I remember seeing it at the time and thinking that they'd done a pretty good job of translating it into a movie. Not sure why it didn't work at the box office. I'll have to seek it out and watch it again.
I didn't know that. I guess I'll look for it on britbox or one of the other subscription channels I seem to have somehow signed on to
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by tinnitus photography »

i finally watched Manhunter a few days ago. didn't realize it was from the same book as Silence of the Lambs. pretty good, though the main actor was a bit mechanical, and that wardrobe was pure 80s.

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:49 pm
i finally watched Manhunter a few days ago. didn't realize it was from the same book as Silence of the Lambs. pretty good, though the main actor was a bit mechanical, and that wardrobe was pure 80s.
The guy who played Hannibal was good though. Very Miami Vice look as Michael Mann directed.

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by tinnitus photography »

i knew Mann directed but forgot he did Miami Vice!


watched a really strange movie last night via Criterion, a Polish movie about two sister mermaids (or sirens, i guess). part horror, part coming of age, part musical.

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

beantownbubba
Posts: 21772
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:52 am
Location: Trying to stay focused on the righteous path

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by beantownbubba »

Sound of Metal - Riz Ahmed was phenomenal. I don't think the script was as good or insightful as it might have been, but still well worth the 2 hours.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by tinnitus photography »

Hunger.


Grim, grim movie about Bobby Sands.

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

chuckrh
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by chuckrh »

Image

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 7254
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by tinnitus photography »

that's the real name of the movie? FFS...

Post Reply