Last Movie Watched

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Last Movie Watched

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Flea wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Zip City wrote:Dead pool is the only super hero movie actually did like outside of the Nolan Bateman films. I'm guessing I'd like Guardians of the Galaxy as well

So is Man of Steel as awful as Superman vs. Batman? I have been wanting to see if but can pass if it's comparable to that turd
There were 3 almost redeeming qualities to Man Of Steel: Amy Adams, Diane Lane, and Michael Shannon. They are definitely the polish on that fecal abomination.
Amy Adams is a national treasure
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

There were 3 almost redeeming qualities to Man Of Steel: Amy Adams, Diane Lane, and Michael Shannon. They are definitely the polish on that fecal abomination.[/quote]

Amy Adams is a national treasure[/quote]
total agreement on that!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Insomnia (US Version) - Very good. Pacino is excellent.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:Dead pool is the only super hero movie actually did like outside of the Nolan Bateman films. I'm guessing I'd like Guardians of the Galaxy as well
I just don't like Deadpool as a character much. Too jokesy and the fourth wall breaking stuff makes me crazy. Guardians of the Galaxy is OK but is also just a little too much on the cutesy/jokey side for my tastes as well. I guess I like my super hero movies a little on the serious side. The Captain America movies are probably my favorite of recent vintage.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
I just don't like Deadpool as a character much. Too jokesy and the fourth wall breaking stuff makes me crazy. Guardians of the Galaxy is OK but is also just a little too much on the cutesy/jokey side for my tastes as well. I guess I like my super hero movies a little on the serious side. The Captain America movies are probably my favorite of recent vintage.
I can't take men in tights seriously, so I love Deadpool skewering the genre
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Took the kids to see the Lego Batman Movie over the weekend, we all enjoyed it.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

rlipps wrote:Took the kids to see the Lego Batman Movie over the weekend, we all enjoyed it.
Going tonight
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

whatwouldcooleydo?

allisonsdc wrote:Image
wow, that pic is the least Satan/Vlad the Impaler I've ever seen him look :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image

I really hate Jessie Hughes, but that film was very moving. It's as much about his relationship with Josh Homme, who I also loath, as it is about the attack in Paris. Great film!
Keep calm and have a cigar

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Image

I really hate Jessie Hughes, but that film was very moving. It's as much about his relationship with Josh Homme, who I also loath, as it is about the attack in Paris. Great film!
It is really good. Wish the film had spent more time telling the story of the fans, but that's not what the filmmaker wanted, alas.... Hughes is a world-class narcissist, no doubt

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I really liked "Hell or High Water".

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I can't remember the last time I watched an awards show but I did watch the Academy Awards last nite and FWIW w/ little to compare it to I enjoyed it and thought Kimmel did a good job. But that ending! :shock: :shock: I wouldn't want to be "that guy" at PriceWaterhouseCoopers today. Wow. As mistakes go, that's a doozy. At least it's clear that Beatty & Dunaway are more or less off the hook: Not their fault but raising the question what do you think you might have done in the same circumstance?

Separately, I saw La La Land on Saturday in a feeble pre-Oscars attempt to "catch up." In a word, meh. I think this is probably a case of overheated expectations from hearing too much about it beforehand because it's not like it was a bad movie. It was enjoyable and obviously made with craft, care and love, but it didn't move me.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

beantownbubba wrote:Separately, I saw La La Land on Saturday in a feeble pre-Oscars attempt to "catch up." In a word, meh. I think this is probably a case of overheated expectations from hearing too much about it beforehand because it's not like it was a bad movie. It was enjoyable and obviously made with craft, care and love, but it didn't move me.
Same for me. I think the main problem I had was that I didn't care what happened to the Ryan Gosling character
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Flea

Post by Flea »

Damn good film!

Now it's dark.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Beebs is not a ragey man

Flea

Post by Flea »

Not so much a superhero movie as a really good film whose main characters just happen to be superheroes.

Now it's dark.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

knew going in what I was getting into, watched only for two reasons:

(1) Aubrey Plaza
(2) Anna Kendrick

it was as I expected but the two ladies made it worthwhile, though it was likely the worst roles of their careers. I hope they made bank for this

That said, there were a few chortles and perhaps a guffaw or two :lol:

Flea

Post by Flea »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:knew going in what I was getting into, watched only for two reasons:

(1) Aubrey Plaza
(2) Anna Kendrick

I'd like to be the corned beef in that Reuben.
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Go see LOGAN. Seriously.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Beaverdam wrote:I really liked "Hell or High Water".
HELL yeah. Jeff Bridges particularly, and I honestly did not recognise the young Captain Kirk aka Chris Pine.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Unlike TC, I like my superhero movies jokey and with a nod and a wink. So DEADPOOL I loved, and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY also. I find the "serious" superhero movies damn tedious and in fact stopped going to see them - so I had zero expectation or backstory really with LOGAN.

Didn't matter - like the man said, a decent movie, character driven, with great acting (not too OTT) and the superhero stuff is really set dressing.

Part road trip, part father-daughter (and surrogate grandfather) bonding, a lot of heart.

Really liked it.

Also, I watched this entire clip which just confused the SHIT out of me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YGHDTIUt0s

then I decided it didnt matter because I don't care about the X Men or the history. I think the last one I saw (late one night had Michael Fassbinder in it?)

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

it was as I expected but the two ladies made it worthwhile, though it was likely the worst roles of their careers. I hope they made bank for this

Aubrey should have been paid an extra half mill (like Halle Berry in that movie) for wearing a bikini that has a target on her crotch to draw the eye.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Steve French wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Go see LOGAN. Seriously.
Seconded. It could just as well have been titled "No Mad Max Country For Old Logan".
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Steve French wrote:

Aubrey should have been paid an extra half mill (like Halle Berry in that movie) for wearing a bikini that has a target on her crotch to draw the eye.
I immediately noticed said target but wasn't gonna say anything ;)

roland

Post by roland »

Deadpool- great flick!

I've never been into comics, nor any of the modern DC & Marvel movies, but this one had everything I wanted. After watching it off the DVR, I immediately added it to my Amazon wishlist on Blu-ray. If you're good at the Google Machine, the trailer for the sequel just came out. NSFW, and brilliant!

whatwouldcooleydo?