It's About Time

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

It's About Time

Post by beantownbubba »

Reports are that the Justice Dept is "preparing" to sue Live Nation (ticketmaster) for antitrust violations, and the people are (or will be) happy!

TM controls 70% of the initial sales of tickets at the country's largest venues and has exclusive contracts with many of them (per Andrew Ross Sorkin).

I still don't understand how the original merger of Live Nation and TM passed antitrust scrutiny but better late than never.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brettac1

Re: It's About Time

Post by brettac1 »

As with any good thing that is rumored to be happening, I will believe it when I see it.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

Clams

Post by Clams »

brettac1 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:36 pm
As with any good thing that is rumored to be happening, I will believe it when I see it.
And if/when we do see it, by then they'll have come up with an entirely new way to rip us off and fuck us over
If you don't run you rust

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

I’ll also believe it when I see it. While Ticketmaster is a bastard to deal with, the roots of the problem run even deeper than it and Live Nation. I’m afraid there’s gonna be a lot of band-aids, short-term solutions, and half measures to deal with.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob