College basketball 2019-2020

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: College basketball 2019-2020

Post by chuckrh »

Kentucky sniped by Cupcake U at home. Nice!~

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

chuckrh wrote:Kentucky sniped by Cupcake U at home. Nice!~
You beat me to it! Just checked into Sacramento hotel for early flight to Austin tomorrow and saw the score. When I saw it on ESPN I actually exclaimed, “what the fuck?” :o :o :o

Huge upset, especially at Rupp, but pretty much meaningless in big picture

Ducks just stuck a fork in Memphis
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
You beat me to it! Just checked into Sacramento hotel for early flight to Austin tomorrow and saw the score. When I saw it on ESPN I actually exclaimed, “what the fuck?” :o :o :o

I watched UW Huskies on Pac 12 channel. Eeked 1 out over Mt St Mary's. Dawgs weren't good in first half but came around in the second. Evidently we have Jay-Z's nephew on the team. A buddy who is a lifelong Celtics fan commented that the Huskies are fielding a team that is bigger than Boston! They definitely have some room to grow but that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to an exciting season. As long as we beat f@#$ing Oregon all will be right in the universe!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

We were 3/24 from 3 last night.

Yikes. Got a cupcake W in dominant fashion, but as shown in our loss to Oregon State on Saturday, this team isn't consistent enough on offense, or good enough in half court defense against a dominant interior threat to really go anywhere.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

chuckrh wrote:

I watched UW Huskies on Pac 12 channel. Eeked 1 out over Mt St Mary's. Dawgs weren't good in first half but came around in the second. Evidently we have Jay-Z's nephew on the team. A buddy who is a lifelong Celtics fan commented that the Huskies are fielding a team that is bigger than Boston! They definitely have some room to grow but that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to an exciting season. As long as we beat f@#$ing Oregon all will be right in the universe!
Huskies have the Vols in Toronto on Saturday! Vols struggled a bit last night with Murray State, but I’m hoping to chalk that up to this team’s relative inexperience. I don’t know much about Washington, but I’m praying they don’t have much in the way of big men because that’s where Tennessee is going to be especially soft this year.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Ducks just stuck a fork in Memphis[/quote]

I watched UW Huskies on Pac 12 channel. Eeked 1 out over Mt St Mary's. Dawgs weren't good in first half but came around in the second. Evidently we have Jay-Z's nephew on the team. A buddy who is a lifelong Celtics fan commented that the Huskies are fielding a team that is bigger than Boston! They definitely have some room to grow but that's not a bad thing. Looking forward to an exciting season. As long as we beat f@#$ing Oregon all will be right in the universe![/quote]
Huskies have the Vols in Toronto on Saturday! Vols struggled a bit last night with Murray State, but I’m hoping to chalk that up to this team’s relative inexperience. I don’t know much about Washington, but I’m praying they don’t have much in the way of big men because that’s where Tennessee is going to be especially soft this year.[/quote]

the whole UW roster is big men, 2 deep at most positions haha. will be a good game. :mrgreen:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

UW Huskies pooped the bed today as they say. They will be back, its a long season.

PS: congrats on a good win, Sterling Bigmouth!

Sterling Bigmouth

I had to follow along on my phone at a bar. The worldwide leader is criminal putting some of these (relatively big!) games on ESPN+. :x

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:I had to follow along on my phone at a bar. The worldwide leader is criminal putting some of these (relatively big!) games on ESPN+. :x
fucking disney. total evil incarnate.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

It’s particularly easy to do on Pacific time

Watched a big chunk of Iowa/DePaul last night, Blue Demons looked good. I know you hate them, but nonetheless Iowa has a lot of veterans and size, so DePaul whippin’ that ass in Iowa City was noteworthy. It’s been ages since DePaul was even within sniffing range of relevance[/quote]

watching hoops right now on friday morning. tournament from charleston. made me think of you!

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:It’s particularly easy to do on Pacific time

Watched a big chunk of Iowa/DePaul last night, Blue Demons looked good. I know you hate them, but nonetheless Iowa has a lot of veterans and size, so DePaul whippin’ that ass in Iowa City was noteworthy. It’s been ages since DePaul was even within sniffing range of relevance

watching hoops right now on friday morning. tournament from charleston. made me think of you![/quote]

'tis sweet to be remembered :)

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

This is always a fun week for college hoops, love all the tournament action and should be some pretty good games in the next few days. Hate to see MSU go down yesterday. :D Of course, the game of the week/year/century will be tomorrow morning's Michigan/ISU match-up. Will be our first real test of the year.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

watching maui classic. bill walton is hilarious. just say no, kids! i do think part of it is him torturing the play by play guy.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Mr. B wrote:This is always a fun week for college hoops, love all the tournament action and should be some pretty good games in the next few days. Hate to see MSU go down yesterday. :D Of course, the game of the week/year/century will be tomorrow morning's Michigan/ISU match-up. Will be our first real test of the year.
YOU GOD DAMN KNOW IT.

I see you guys are 2.5 favorites. I think you win by more. We're pesky defensively, but we couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a scoop shovel from 3. Don't think we have an answer for Teske, either.

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:watching maui classic. bill walton is hilarious. just say no, kids! i do think part of it is him torturing the play by play guy.
9 minutes in to UCLA/Chaminade yesterday he dropped 3 separate sets of GD lyrics, an "I love waterfalls!", and a "do you believe in UFOs?"

NATIONAL TREASURE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sterling Bigmouth

I’ve never seen a commentator cause such polarized reactions than Bill Walton. I personally love him to death, but I everyone I read on social media (probably a mistake) acts like he’s making a mockery of the game. I can assure them, I don’t tune into mid-afternoon regular season tournaments or late night PAC-12 games for intense, hard hitting analysis on amateur sports.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:I’ve never seen a commentator cause such polarized reactions than Bill Walton. I personally love him to death, but I everyone I read on social media (probably a mistake) acts like he’s making a mockery of the game. I can assure them, I don’t tune into mid-afternoon regular season tournaments or late night PAC-12 games for intense, hard hitting analysis on amateur sports.
even though I am decidedly not a Hateful Fred fan, i find Bill to be "highly" entertaining. & at times he does have some very good insights, not just about basketball. is kind of cool he hasn't been stifled by the Disney police & says what he wants. its like Charles Barkley but on a hugely different wavelength. i heard a story that his son was traumatized at a young age by the sight of dad & Jerry Garcia frolicing naked in the backyard. :D

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:I’ve never seen a commentator cause such polarized reactions than Bill Walton. I personally love him to death, but I everyone I read on social media (probably a mistake) acts like he’s making a mockery of the game. I can assure them, I don’t tune into mid-afternoon regular season tournaments or late night PAC-12 games for intense, hard hitting analysis on amateur sports.
even though I am decidedly not a Hateful Fred fan, i find Bill to be "highly" entertaining. & at times he does have some very good insights, not just about basketball. is kind of cool he hasn't been stifled by the Disney police & says what he wants. its like Charles Barkley but on a hugely different wavelength. i heard a story that his son was traumatized at a young age by the sight of dad & Jerry Garcia frolicing naked in the backyard. :D
If you say Hateful Fred again I will choke you out

Do you also say, “H, E, double hockey sticks”? :lol: :lol: :lol:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Delete. Sorry, hands not working so good. Stuff happens
Last edited by chuckrh on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

chuckrh wrote:
If you say Hateful Fred again I will choke you out

Do you also say, “H, E, double hockey sticks”? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can blame Robert Pollard during a drunken (is there any other kind?) rant for that one. It's a tool I use so I don't have psychotic episodes when they come up. I hired a former friend at one point who made me listen to them in the warehouse every single f'n day for a year & a half. If I hear Sugaree this red mist comes over my vision & there's a blackout. It makes me afraid. Even worse for the Weir stuff..... :mrgreen: PS: I did try at one point. I saw them twice. Actually once & then a half hour after Santana at another show. That was the one where the maniac tried to spray me with a DMSO/Linda Sue Dixon mixture. Thank you no!

whatwouldcooleydo?

I don’t mind you dissing them a bit- diss away-it’s just that your slur of choice sounds like something a little old grannie would say :lol: :lol: :lol:

#slurbetter

whatwouldcooleydo?

Was that the Tacoma Dome 88 show you saw with Santana? That one has always had the reputation of being an “off-night” for the band and wretched sound in the venue (many say it was the worst-sounding venue in which the band ever played)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Seems like we always lose when we play Michigan in November (we lose to them in other months but we also win- November is another story). Today was one of the worst shooting games I've seen outta the Heels in ages- not only were they missing everything, they also had guys who should be economical in attempts jacking it up whenever the ball was touched :roll:

Congrats to Mr B and all Wolverines, you pretty much whooped us from pillar to post

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Was that the Tacoma Dome 88 show you saw with Santana? That one has always had the reputation of being an “off-night” for the band and wretched sound in the venue (many say it was the worst-sounding venue in which the band ever played)
that was the one. actually the tacoma dome can sound good. guess it depends on the sound guys. i saw them before that in the seattle center coliseum (keyarena). maybe if i hadn't been tortured it would be different. i do appreciate that you don't try to hijack the forum with that stuff. i don't post there much but at times its like the heads have hijacked via chicago. i especially "enjoyed" the phase when a lot of the heads started talking like morons from medieval england (fare thee well my brother, etc ad nauseum). again, that phrase came from a very drunk robert pollard during a mighty guided by voices show. if you can find them, i used to have some boots that were made up entirely of robert pollard drunken rants. hilarious stuff!!!!!!

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Was that the Tacoma Dome 88 show you saw with Santana? That one has always had the reputation of being an “off-night” for the band and wretched sound in the venue (many say it was the worst-sounding venue in which the band ever played)
that was the one. actually the tacoma dome can sound good. guess it depends on the sound guys. i saw them before that in the seattle center coliseum (keyarena). maybe if i hadn't been tortured it would be different. i do appreciate that you don't try to hijack the forum with that stuff. i don't post there much but at times its like the heads have hijacked via chicago. i especially "enjoyed" the phase when a lot of the heads started talking like morons from medieval england (fare thee well my brother, etc ad nauseum). again, that phrase came from a very drunk robert pollard during a mighty guided by voices show. if you can find them, i used to have some boots that were made up entirely of robert pollard drunken rants. hilarious stuff!!!!!!

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Seems like we always lose when we play Michigan in November (we lose to them in other months but we also win- November is another story). Today was one of the worst shooting games I've seen outta the Heels in ages- not only were they missing everything, they also had guys who should be economical in attempts jacking it up whenever the ball was touched :roll:

Congrats to Mr B and all Wolverines, you pretty much whooped us from pillar to post
Thanks homey, we needed this much more than you did for rankings, confidence, etc. But it doesn't make up for what happened in April 1993. :D I only caught parts of the games vs. ISU and UNC, but -- turnovers aside -- am obviously happy with what I have seen. Its on to Gonzaga today and then at Louisville next week, so we still have lots of work to do. I'd be pretty happy if we win one of those. At this point, I think its safe to say that we are pretty happy with the Juwan Howard hire.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Mr. B wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Seems like we always lose when we play Michigan in November (we lose to them in other months but we also win- November is another story). Today was one of the worst shooting games I've seen outta the Heels in ages- not only were they missing everything, they also had guys who should be economical in attempts jacking it up whenever the ball was touched :roll:

Thanks homey, we needed this much more than you did for rankings, confidence, etc. But it doesn't make up for what happened in April 1993. :D I only caught parts of the games vs. ISU and UNC, but -- turnovers aside -- am obviously happy with what I have seen. Its on to Gonzaga today and then at Louisville next week, so we still have lots of work to do. I'd be pretty happy if we win one of those. At this point, I think its safe to say that we are pretty happy with the Juwan Howard hire.
Nothing will ever make up for what happened in April 1993 :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Starting today, in the next 20 days we have Oregon, Ohio State, at UVA, Wofford, & at Gonzaga. There could very well be 3 or more losses in that sequence

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Starting today, in the next 20 days we have Oregon, Ohio State, at UVA, Wofford, & at Gonzaga. There could very well be 3 or more losses in that sequence
they best be beating OR if they still want to be my friend. Duck the..... oh wait. you get the idea.

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Starting today, in the next 20 days we have Oregon, Ohio State, at UVA, Wofford, & at Gonzaga. There could very well be 3 or more losses in that sequence
they best be beating OR if they still want to be my friend. Duck the..... oh wait. you get the idea.
Your friendship means nothing to them