The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: The Neverending Thread for Political Shit

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

On her way to Texas to visit 1-877-Koncentration Kamps 4 Kids. Troll game is strong :roll:

at least it wasn't a tan suit, right?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:On her way to Texas to visit 1-877-Koncentration Kamps 4 Kids. Troll game is strong :roll:

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

No "messaging problem" in this ad. Fantastic!
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

cortez the killer wrote:

Yeah, saw this yesterday. What a great job they did with this.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Zip City wrote:Image
wow, scary & true!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Eddie Vedder's wife Jill

Clams

Post by Clams »

Beebs wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:

Yeah, saw this yesterday. What a great job they did with this.
Wow. Awesome. Wish I could vote for her.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

saw this earlier, funny but also on point

“First they refused service to the Nazis, and I spoke out, calling for civility. Then they refused service to the Nazi collaborators, and I spoke out again, calling for civility. Then they refused service to the Nazi enablers, and I couldn’t eat at my favorite restaurant anymore.” - Chuck Schumer

whatwouldcooleydo?

In further “elections have consequences” news, Anthony Kennedy is retiring from the Supreme Court

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:In further “elections have consequences” news, Anthony Kennedy is retiring from the Supreme Court
I enjoyed the USA. I will miss it.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:In further “elections have consequences” news, Anthony Kennedy is retiring from the Supreme Court
It was a good run

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

With the way things have gone the past year or so, I'm guessing Goatfucker will be appointed.
Let the outside air in

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

schlanky wrote:With the way things have gone the past year or so, I'm guessing Goatfucker will be appointed.
We should be so lucky. He's old and perfectly suited for his current job.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

The “my kid beat up your honor roll student” CHUDs have won :roll:

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:The “my kid beat up your honor roll student” CHUDs have won :roll:
This weekend, I encouraged my honor roll student to go back to martial arts classes. I see I was prescient.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
It was a good run
Was it, though?

scotto

Post by scotto »

We're so fucked.

Clams

Post by Clams »

scotto wrote:We're so fucked.
Yep. 100% fucked.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

John A Arkansawyer

Clams wrote:
Yep. 100% fucked.
I'd rather be fucked than doomed, so there's that. And that leads to this. Which at least means there's time to look for a way out of here.

I'm still cautiously optimistic. It's not like Kennedy was exactly carrying the torch the last year.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Clams wrote:
Yep. 100% fucked.
Fucked beyond belief. But we need to fight this. Wearing us down is part of their strategy.

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer wrote:And you know what’s interesting? Nazi Germany went from the worst regime in the world to a liberal democracy within a lifetime...
Given what it took to make that happen, I don't know that I find that especially comforting or inspiring.

I totally get where he's coming from, but don't think that was the best example to use

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:And you know what’s interesting? Nazi Germany went from the worst regime in the world to a liberal democracy within a lifetime...
Given what it took to make that happen, I don't know that I find that especially comforting or inspiring.

I totally get where he's coming from, but don't think that was the best example to use
That's because we aren't living in the best of all possible worlds:

And America, you need to accept your reality too. You all wish you were still living in 1920s Paris with Barack Obama. But guess what, honey: You’re in 1990s Orlando with Trumpy and Stormy.
Come to think of it, 1920s Paris had Nazis in its future, too. But the main point is people in worse positions than ourselves have prevailed before. And remember: A monkey with a pistol is still just a fucking monkey.

I myself took a slightly different tack: Good Riddance to Anthony Kennedy, Who Was Not Going to Save You.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

I know nobody wants to hear this or nobody believes it, but you aren't fucked. We aren't fucked. And America isn't over. I understand venting anger and frustration. But if all it took was Donald Trump to bring America to an end then we were a pretty flimsy country and were fucked already.

I get not liking him. Both on a political and personal level. But America is done? Not even close.

I realize what I'm saying is going to be about as welcome as a hair in a biscuit but as I said right after Trump was elected, the left in this country sounds exactly like the right in this country during the Obama years. Exactly like them. Right down the Nazi and Hitler stuff which is the first sign someone has lost perspective of a good indication of it at any rate.

I'm not fucked. That much I can tell you for sure. I lost my dad back in May and I bring that up only to illustrate a point. One of the things he told me over and over from the time I was a little kid was that you never, ever give up. Refuse to quit. No matter how bad things get it now hopeless things may seem. You never give up. Because things are never as bad as they seem and you are never done or fucked or whatever until you get to the grave yard. Not second before. I watched my dad keep this same attitude as cancer was destroying his pancreas and his liver. Even as he was puking blood he never stopped fighting, he never felt sorry for himself and he never rolled over and said, I'm fucked. Yes he died. But he did so with his courage at full blast and he went out giving death the finger.

I'm not ever going to run for the chicken house and give up no matter who the president is or how awful the president is and yall shouldn't either. You have to be tougher than that.

But here is the thing. The answer is not yelling and screaming at people or telling people how stupid and evil you think they are. Peirs Morgan recently said something along the lines of, getting in people's faces more and talking about wanting Trump's kid to be raped by a pedophile, and telling people how bad they suck and how much you hate them is not going to do anything but get Trump re-elected. It's a big part of what put him in office. But the Democrats don't seem to have another play in their play book and at this point seem to be reduced to screaming incrdulously, "Don't you pieces of shit understand how inferior you all are to us?!" That's a guaranteed recipe for more losses.

I don't know what should be done but I do know that rolling over and saying we are fucked is not it. Neither is saying that America is over. That isn't true and it solves nothing. The republicans could have done that a while back and were being told that their party was over. They didn't listen. Look at them now. And being more confrontational and more shrill isn't the answer either.

Do with that info as you will but I know it's the truth.

Y'all have a good one. Tell somebody you love them, pay for somebody's food at the drive through, commit an act of kindness and don't damn give up. Ever.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Cole Younger wrote:I know nobody wants to hear this or nobody believes it, but you aren't fucked. We aren't fucked. And America isn't over. I understand venting anger and frustration. But if all it took was Donald Trump to bring America to an end then we were a pretty flimsy country and were fucked already.

I get not liking him. Both on a political and personal level. But America is done? Not even close.

I realize what I'm saying is going to be about as welcome as a hair in a biscuit but as I said right after Trump was elected, the left in this country sounds exactly like the right in this country during the Obama years. Exactly like them. Right down the Nazi and Hitler stuff which is the first sign someone has lost perspective of a good indication of it at any rate.

I'm not fucked. That much I can tell you for sure. I lost my dad back in May and I bring that up only to illustrate a point. One of the things he told me over and over from the time I was a little kid was that you never, ever give up. Refuse to quit. No matter how bad things get it now hopeless things may seem. You never give up. Because things are never as bad as they seem and you are never done or fucked or whatever until you get to the grave yard. Not second before. I watched my dad keep this same attitude as cancer was destroying his pancreas and his liver. Even as he was puking blood he never stopped fighting, he never felt sorry for himself and he never rolled over and said, I'm fucked. Yes he died. But he did so with his courage at full blast and he went out giving death the finger.

I'm not ever going to run for the chicken house and give up no matter who the president is or how awful the president is and yall shouldn't either. You have to be tougher than that.

But here is the thing. The answer is not yelling and screaming at people or telling people how stupid and evil you think they are. Peirs Morgan recently said something along the lines of, getting in people's faces more and talking about wanting Trump's kid to be raped by a pedophile, and telling people how bad they suck and how much you hate them is not going to do anything but get Trump re-elected. It's a big part of what put him in office. But the Democrats don't seem to have another play in their play book and at this point seem to be reduced to screaming incrdulously, "Don't you pieces of shit understand how inferior you all are to us?!" That's a guaranteed recipe for more losses.

I don't know what should be done but I do know that rolling over and saying we are fucked is not it. Neither is saying that America is over. That isn't true and it solves nothing. The republicans could have done that a while back and were being told that their party was over. They didn't listen. Look at them now. And being more confrontational and more shrill isn't the answer either.

Do with that info as you will but I know it's the truth.

Y'all have a good one. Tell somebody you love them, pay for somebody's food at the drive through, commit an act of kindness and don't damn give up. Ever.
I pretty much agree with all of that except: " I don't know what should be done but I do know that rolling over and saying we are fucked is not it. Neither is saying that America is over. That isn't true and it solves nothing. The republicans could have done that a while back and were being told that their party was over. They didn't listen. Look at them now. And being more confrontational and more shrill isn't the answer either."

I would argue that being shrill & confrontational got the Republican party to EXACTLY where they are today. We are a 2 party country that would work better (in my opinion) as a parliamentary system. Why? One party (Rs) do whatever the fuck it takes to get reelected. The other does too, but is nicer about it and tends to lose when the long knives come out. And look where that has left us. No pun intended. Hate to say it, but if we are going to progress the country under out present system, the fucking limp-dick Dems need to start fighting even more dirty than the Reps. They go low, we drag them kicking and screaming even further into the mud until they can't fucking breathe.
Now it's dark.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I respect your opinion, but comparing Obama and Trump is such a false equivalence that I can’t get past it

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Zip City wrote:I respect your opinion, but comparing Obama and Trump is such a false equivalence that I can’t get past it
That's up to you, Zip. But that's part of the problem. You can't get past it because you immediately locked onto that and you were done. I'm not comparing them except that no matter what you think about it, the ideologues on the right were as repulsed by Obama as you are by Trump. And they were as hysterical about him as some people are about Trump. Whether or not they are the same doesn't matter to me. Neither of them are the worst people who have ever lived and the Hitler comparisons people have made about both indicate more about those who make them than either of the two presidents.

Remember, it wasn't so long ago that George Bush was Hitler and the worst person who has ever lived. People get so hyperbolic and in such a frenzy about the other guy. I will make you a bet, after Trump is gone, whoever the next Republican president is will be called the end of America too and it will be like Trump was never even president. The ideological right will do the same thing with whoever the next Democrat president is. Bill Clinton was Hitler until Obama came along and then he wasn't that bad and Obama was Hitler.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:
Zip City wrote:I respect your opinion, but comparing Obama and Trump is such a false equivalence that I can’t get past it
That's up to you, Zip. But that's part of the problem. You can't get past it because you immediately locked onto that and you were done. I'm not comparing them except that no matter what you think about it, the ideologues on the right were as repulsed by Obama as you are by Trump. And they were as hysterical about him as some people are about Trump.
Screechers gonna screech. Can't argue with that
Whether or not they are the same doesn't matter to me.
It matters A LOT to me
Neither of them are the worst people who have ever lived and the Hitler comparisons people have made about both indicate more about those who make them than either of the two presidents.
Well "not Hitler" is a pretty low standard

Remember, it wasn't so long ago that George Bush was Hitler and the worst person who has ever lived. People get so hyperbolic and in such a frenzy about the other guy. I will make you a bet, after Trump is gone, whoever the next Republican president is will be called the end of America too and it will be like Trump was never even president.
Disagree. Trump is different.

But you know what, you and I WILL probably be fine. I'm not gay, I'm not a woman, I'm not black, I don't work in manufacturing, I'm not hispanic.

If Trump succeeds at putting a hardcore conservative onto the Supreme Court (and there's little doubt he can be stopped), we will see major reversals on Roe v Wade, gay marriage, and many other social issues. I cannot rationalize any of it with "it doesn't affect me, so why should I worry?"

tl;dr this is a pivotal point in our country's history, and all signs point towards the U.S. taking a gigantic step backwards. It makes me so sad for my kids