Rolling Stones 2024 tour

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Re: Rolling Stones 2024 tour

Post by Beaverdam »

Did anyone notice that Widespread Panic is opening the next tour….and that AARP is sponsoring?!?!?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Beaverdam wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am
Did anyone notice that Widespread Panic is opening the next tour….and that AARP is sponsoring?!?!?
They're only opening one show. Different openers for each one I think. Tyler Childers (!) in Orlando. Kaleo, which the internet describes as "an Icelandic blues rock band," is opening Philly which is kinda disappointing.

Also I know Van is traveling from Philly to Houston for the opener on Sunday. Looking fwd to hearing his report.
If you don't run you rust

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Clams wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am
Beaverdam wrote:
They're only opening one show. Different openers for each one I think. Tyler Childers (!) in Orlando. Kaleo, which the internet describes as "an Icelandic blues rock band," is opening Philly which is kinda disappointing.

Also I know Van is traveling from Philly to Houston for the opener on Sunday. Looking fwd to hearing his report.
I’ll be there. Gary Clark jr opens Houston
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:

We got Joe Bonamassa in Seattle. Not bad. At least its not Ghost Hounds.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:46 am
Clams wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:

How was the show?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

chuckrh wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
Clams wrote:

How was the show?
As the first show of the tour you could see they were a bit rusty, especially the guitar changes between Ronnie and keef. Some of the songs were a bit sloppy at the start, but they played right through it.

But it was the stones man. They were awesome. Just as healthy and vibrant as the last US tour. Totally bad ass.

The greatest rock and roll band that will ever be.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 pm
pearlbeer wrote:

How was the show?
As the first show of the tour you could see they were a bit rusty, especially the guitar changes between Ronnie and keef. Some of the songs were a bit sloppy at the start, but they played right through it.

But it was the stones man. They were awesome. Just as healthy and vibrant as the last US tour. Totally bad ass.

The greatest rock and roll band that will ever be.
Thanks. I'm getting excited, show is 2 weeks from tomorrow.