Off to see the Lizard

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Off to see the Lizard

Post by Swamp »

That was the sound track to our football road trips between the mid 90's thru 2012. It's kinda funny considering I had swore off Jimmy Buffet some years earlier after 2 weeks in the Keys with a bunch of friends. "Off to see the Lizard" was our ceremonial first CD as we headed down the drive way.
Saw him with the Little River Band and Steve Miller in 78. "You had to be There" was recorded the day before and the day after that show. Then we saw him in the early 80's with the Eagles. The last time we saw him perform was in the late 90's.
A few years later we were at a gator game and he was standing on the sideline. I spoke to him and he came over and shook my hand and said he liked my hat. I wore a blue pith hat back then.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Off to see the Lizard

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Like the Eagles if they actually took it easy

https://www.theringer.com/music/2023/9/ ... aritaville
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing