Proud Mary

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Proud Mary

Post by Swamp »

I was in 5th grade at Millington Central Elementary. I was drawing a picture of a river boat for the school art contest.
My older sister suggested I name the boat "Proud Mary". In did, I won and was a fan ever since. When my
granddaughter was younger we would exercise trying to keep up with the back up dancers in the Ike & Tina video.
I am so devastated right now! RIP Tina.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

beantownbubba

Re: Proud Mary

Post by beantownbubba »

Great lady, great singer. Sad day.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

RIP Tina

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Swamp wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:24 pm
I was in 5th grade at Millington Central Elementary. I was drawing a picture of a river boat for the school art contest.
My older sister suggested I name the boat "Proud Mary". In did, I won and was a fan ever since. When my
granddaughter was younger we would exercise trying to keep up with the back up dancers in the Ike & Tina video.
I am so devastated right now! RIP Tina.
Swamp, not to derail the Tina thread, but are you talking Millington, Tn. If so, I’m in Covington! Forgive me if we’ve ever discussed this previously, and I forgot!

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Beaverdam wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:40 pm

Swamp, not to derail the Tina thread, but are you talking Millington, Tn. If so, I’m in Covington! Forgive me if we’ve ever discussed this previously, and I forgot!
Before I could respond my modem died. i only have a flip phone and trying to navigate the web on it is a pain. At&t sent us a new one but the UPS driver, fearing for his life because of our scary drive way, sent it back. They sent it back to us and Mrs Swamp found it lying on the side of the hard road next to our neighbors drive way :roll: After a week of trying it let me sign on today.
I don't know if we have discussed it. Throughout the 60's whenever my dad got shore duty he would teach at NAS Memphis. The Millington Ford dealer wouldn't sell my dad the club wagon he wanted so he bought it in Covington.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!