The Rolling Stones Are In the Building

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

The Rolling Stones Are In the Building

Post by beantownbubba »

Unbeknownst to me, the remaining Stones played a private party hosted by Robert Kraft (owner of the Patriots) yesterday. I was not invited, but the creme de la creme of what passes for local society was there, which, sorry, I just can't get over it, has absolutely zero to do with the kind of rock n roll that saved my life. It's just weird, and that's before we even get to the missing drummer. Steve Jordan filled in, as he will for the tour that starts Sunday.

The Stones have apparently been in Boston for the past 2 months rehearsing and prepping for the tour and again/still I was oblivious. I can't believe Mick didn't call. Didn't text. Nuthin'. Nada.

But I did find out today that Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds are making a movie in Boston, with parts of Boston filling in for NYC, which may be more weird than the CEO's of Bank of America and Fidelity Investments (among others) attending a private Stones concert. It's a toss up.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

tinnitus photography

Re: The Rolling Stones Are In the Building

Post by tinnitus photography »

at the Black Crowes show last Wednesday, Chris Robinson made some comment about them being in town. "If you see The Rolling Stones around Boston, tell 'em we did a good job" before playing "It's Only Rock and Roll"

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

For me, it's not the Stones anymore without Charlie Watts. Steve Jordan is a fine drummer but it's just not the same. I've seen them over 20 times going back to 1978, good & not so good. I really hope they retire after this run & perhaps a 60th anniversary blow out in Hyde Park or something. It would be nice to see Keith tour on his own in smaller venues & not so outrageous ticket prices. Decent seats for this tour go for about $900. Hard pass!

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

chuckrh wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:40 am
For me, it's not the Stones anymore without Charlie Watts. Steve Jordan is a fine drummer but it's just not the same. I've seen them over 20 times going back to 1978, good & not so good. I really hope they retire after this run & perhaps a 60th anniversary blow out in Hyde Park or something. It would be nice to see Keith tour on his own in smaller venues & not so outrageous ticket prices. Decent seats for this tour go for about $900. Hard pass!
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
Decent seats for this tour go for about $900.
I guess I'm even more out of touch than I thought. It's not like I didn't get that it's all about the money, but I had no idea what that now means in practical cash on the barrelhead terms. $900 for merely "decent" seats? For a band down to 2 original and 1 pseudo original members? Incredible. Just in case you weren't sure that baby boomers have too much money.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:07 am
chuckrh wrote:
Decent seats for this tour go for about $900.
I guess I'm even more out of touch than I thought. It's not like I didn't get that it's all about the money, but I had no idea what that now means in practical cash on the barrelhead terms. $900 for merely "decent" seats? For a band down to 2 original and 1 pseudo original members? Incredible. Just in case you weren't sure that baby boomers have too much money.
While not quite Stones level I think the Eagles are close on the current tour with one original member. It's hard for me to call it the Eagles without Glen Frey. I saw them toward the end of the "history" tour & it was excellent. It was nice to have Bernie Leadon on hand. Joe Walsh stole the show though (as he do). Since he got straight he's gone from great guitar player to amazing guitar player. & his vocals on "Pretty Maids All in a Row" were fantastic. When I was young I wasn't too keen on that song but in my more "mature" years I have grown to appreciate it a lot.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Looks like Brown Sugar has been "cancelled". Didn't play at the private show or the first official show of the tour. :(