Marshall Tucker Band

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Marshall Tucker Band

Post by Beaverdam »

This morning on the way home from recycling I heard Marshall Tucker singing, “Mr. President Have Pity on the Working Man!” I was kind of shocked to hear a MTB song with which I wasn’t familiar and even more shocked to see no MTB thread in 3DD!!!

I almost feel like I’m channeling my inner swamp with this story…

I think I’ve been a fan of MTB since I was in high school and still have several cassette tapes…about twenty years after the peak of MTB’s popularity. One summer in college, I was working for a daycare for kids…my job involved getting the kids in a van (sounds funny saying it out loud…”here’s some candy”), and taking them swimming in a local pool. Sure enough a lifeguard at the pool was one of the prettiest girls from my high school, and we’d graduated a year or two prior. We talked at the pool, and I heard that MTB was playing an outdoor show in Richmond that summer. Finally I mustered the courage to ask the lifeguard to the show, and to my surprise she said yes!

Anyway, the night of the concert arrived, along with torrential rain, so I ended up going over said young lady’s house and hanging out with her, her mom, AND her boyfriend whom she had asked to come over.

Through the years I’ve gotten to see MTB a couple of times, I believe, but I wish I had gotten to do so years ago in the 70’s, but being born in ‘78 only so many 70’s concerts were feasible! I think that I saw them once at Hampden Sydney College years ago, either as a student or a young alumnus.

Happy Saturday, y’all!

LBRod

Re: Marshall Tucker Band

Post by LBRod »

Good band, good Randy Newman song.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:59 pm
Anyway, the night of the concert arrived, along with torrential rain, so I ended up going over said young lady’s house and hanging out with her, her mom, AND her boyfriend whom she had asked to come over.
Finish the story.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

cortez the killer wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:51 pm
Beaverdam wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:59 pm
Finish the story.
:twisted: :twisted:
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.