Jay Gonzalez

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

schlanky

Jay Gonzalez

Post by schlanky »

I looked around for a thread to add to about Sweet Baby Jay and didn't find it. I'm sure it exists, but it didn't come up in my searches.

After all this started with shelter in place and wondering if a trip to the grocery store could kill you, one thing that made me happy was seeing Jay's stream of him playing live. It made me forget about all this for just a little while. It was fun watching and not knowing where he was going next (Hollies, Rundgren, Stones, his own song).

https://www.facebook.com/jay.gonzalez.1 ... M0MDU0NTY/

I'd like to see all of Bitter Suite in this format with Jay just letting loose on the keyboard.

===

And it's mind blowing to hear Jay's solo stuff compared to what he plays with DBT. It's so different, and so great.

My one criticism of Bitter Suite is I wish it was about a day and a half long. But I do dig that when my iPod restarts it, it's a seamless loop---the same sound begins and ends it and you just get lost in the loop and it never gets old.
Let the outside air in