online concert streams - master thread

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Post Reply
User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

toss any and all events in here... i've caught shows from Robyn Hitchcock, Chris Brokaw, and Will Dailey so far; missed the Courtney Barnett one and the Calexico one...

Will Dailey is doing a week-long run via Facebook, giving the proceeds to workers at specific Boston clubs. tmrw night it's Passim's turn (sorry the image is so large).


Image
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by pearlbeer »

Luck Reunion is still available for streaming, I believe. It was nice...Paul Simon, Lucinda, Willie, Nathaniel Rateliff, Margo, etc...

\http://luckreunion.com/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

walthers
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by walthers »

There is definitely some good stuff that has been streamed as of late. Jeff Tweedy has been doing some funny stuff on instagram, the handle is stuffinourhouse.

Also, jambands has been updating this calendar pretty frequently and has many links to shows. Check it out.

https://jambands.com/news/2020/03/20/ja ... -calendar/

LBRod
Posts: 4129
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 pm
Location: Beneath Pacheco Pass

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by LBRod »

pearlbeer wrote:Luck Reunion is still available for streaming, I believe. It was nice...Paul Simon, Lucinda, Willie, Nathaniel Rateliff, Margo, etc...

\http://luckreunion.com/
I caught a bunch of that one. Love you. Don't touch me.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

User avatar
Sterling Bigmouth
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:10 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Ben Nichols of Lucero had a great stream on Instagram Live Friday night. Said he’ll be doing more of those soon.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

User avatar
ramonz
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: "Sitting in my room, record player on..."

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by ramonz »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Ben Nichols of Lucero had a great stream on Instagram Live Friday night. Said he’ll be doing more of those soon.
1979 hit me while cutting the grass yesterday. What a great fucking song.

Zip City
Posts: 16416
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by Zip City »

Colin Meloy (The Decemberists) has had at least one online show.

Ralph Covert has been doing two shows a day (!!!!) for the past 4 or 5 days, and plans to continue doing so. He is using Facebook Live and taking requests in real time.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

Ben Gibbard on YouTube right now.
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

chuckrh
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:Ben Gibbard on YouTube right now.
think Ben has been doing these daily

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

chuckrh wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:Ben Gibbard on YouTube right now.
think Ben has been doing these daily
yeah i guess he's been focusing on specific eras... luckily for me the one he did yesterday was the era i like the best!
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

i just found out that Sue Tweedy's been doing a live instagram video each night for the last few nights, usually starting at 9:30 Central time... the previous recording is available for 24 hr... check out stuffinourhouse on IG.
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

LBRod
Posts: 4129
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 pm
Location: Beneath Pacheco Pass

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by LBRod »

Lilly Hiatt will be playing live today on NPR at 5:00 central time.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by pearlbeer »

Really great set of artists set up for this online event from the Saxon Pub in Austin.

https://www.thesaxonpub.com/e/saxon-str ... 763431162/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

super early on April 6th (3AM EST), Steve Kilbey will be playing the 1st Church record via IG live.
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

Kilbey is doing it again tmrw night as a glitch prevented him to upload to IG stories.


also, this:


April 7, 2020 (Portland, OR): As we fight COVID-19 together, the power of music to bring hope, foster community, and encourage mental health is more resonant than ever. With this in mind, Pickathon is excited to present A Concert A Day starting April 8, an initiative to help musicians and artist communities through the Recording Academy’s MUSICARES® organization. During this time of hardship, with so many artists unable to tour and so many people stuck at home, Pickathon is opening the vaults to premiere one full concert a day for 60 days, streaming for free on Facebook, Amazon Music’s Twitch channel, and on YouTube. All donations received will go to MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Featured artists currently confirmed include Drive By Truckers, Margo Price, Jeff Tweedy, Mac DeMarco, Tyler Childers, Charles Bradley, Tank and the Bangas,Thee Oh Sees, People Under the Stairs, Damien Jurado, The Lone Bellow, Ex Hex, Foxygen, Andrew Bird, Brownout, Divine Fits, Dakhabrakha, Vieux Farka Toure, Willie Watson, and many more!

Each day for the next 60 days, starting April 8, Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day will premiere a full recorded concert from past festivals. Featuring renowned artists across many genres giving career-best performances, these concerts from Pickathons past will stream with unprecedented direct support from the Recording Academy, Amazon Music, and YouTube. At the A Concert A Day Facebook Event, the Recording Academy will host each concert premiere daily, joined either by the performing artist or a renowned journalist. The host will answer fan questions live and comment on the performance. Amazon Music will stream the concert through its channel on Twitch, and the concerts will also premiere on Pickathon’s YouTube channel and be featured as part of YouTube’s Stay Home #WithMe initiative. After reaching out for help, Pickathon was overwhelmed by the response, welcoming the support of partners like the Recording Academy, Amazon Music, BandsinTown, Bandcamp, and YouTube who collaborated in one common effort to support A Concert A Day. All donations received during the livestream will go directly to MusiCares COVID-10 Relief Fund to help musicians in need.

Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day Week 1 Schedule:
Wed, April 8 - Drive by Truckers (Mt. Hood Stage, 2017)
Thurs, April 9 - Ex Hex (Treeline Stage, 2015)
Fri, April 10 - Tyler Childers (Woods, 2019)
Sat, April 11 - Charles Bradley (Mt. Hood Stage, 2017)
Sun, April 12 - Tank & The Bangas (Woods Stage, 2017)
Mon, April 13 - Damien Jurado (Lucky Barn, 2019)
Tues, April 14 - People Under the Stairs (Woods Stage, 2014)
Wed, April 15 - DakhaBrakha (Mt. Hood, 2018)

Never before presented in full, these live concerts come from Pickathon’s extensive vault of content. Filmed in multi-camera HD by an army of audiovisual specialists each year, they’re part of Pickathon’s movement from an annual festival to a year-round content creation company driven by some of the most creative minds in Portland, Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Stages at Pickathon are planned like independent films, with architects and visual artists creating one-of-a-kind experiences that drive the artists to career best performances which are rendered in multi-camera HD and subsequently released year round.
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

User avatar
Beaverdam
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: Appomattox, VA-Covington, TN

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by Beaverdam »

I really want to watch Tyler Childers, but I also have a “very important” zoom meeting with some friends to play Jeopardy. Can I watch the Tyler Childers show later or can it only be watched at the appointed time???
tinnitus photography wrote:Kilbey is doing it again tmrw night as a glitch prevented him to upload to IG stories.


also, this:


April 7, 2020 (Portland, OR): As we fight COVID-19 together, the power of music to bring hope, foster community, and encourage mental health is more resonant than ever. With this in mind, Pickathon is excited to present A Concert A Day starting April 8, an initiative to help musicians and artist communities through the Recording Academy’s MUSICARES® organization. During this time of hardship, with so many artists unable to tour and so many people stuck at home, Pickathon is opening the vaults to premiere one full concert a day for 60 days, streaming for free on Facebook, Amazon Music’s Twitch channel, and on YouTube. All donations received will go to MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.
Featured artists currently confirmed include Drive By Truckers, Margo Price, Jeff Tweedy, Mac DeMarco, Tyler Childers, Charles Bradley, Tank and the Bangas,Thee Oh Sees, People Under the Stairs, Damien Jurado, The Lone Bellow, Ex Hex, Foxygen, Andrew Bird, Brownout, Divine Fits, Dakhabrakha, Vieux Farka Toure, Willie Watson, and many more!

Each day for the next 60 days, starting April 8, Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day will premiere a full recorded concert from past festivals. Featuring renowned artists across many genres giving career-best performances, these concerts from Pickathons past will stream with unprecedented direct support from the Recording Academy, Amazon Music, and YouTube. At the A Concert A Day Facebook Event, the Recording Academy will host each concert premiere daily, joined either by the performing artist or a renowned journalist. The host will answer fan questions live and comment on the performance. Amazon Music will stream the concert through its channel on Twitch, and the concerts will also premiere on Pickathon’s YouTube channel and be featured as part of YouTube’s Stay Home #WithMe initiative. After reaching out for help, Pickathon was overwhelmed by the response, welcoming the support of partners like the Recording Academy, Amazon Music, BandsinTown, Bandcamp, and YouTube who collaborated in one common effort to support A Concert A Day. All donations received during the livestream will go directly to MusiCares COVID-10 Relief Fund to help musicians in need.

Pickathon Presents A Concert A Day Week 1 Schedule:
Wed, April 8 - Drive by Truckers (Mt. Hood Stage, 2017)
Thurs, April 9 - Ex Hex (Treeline Stage, 2015)
Fri, April 10 - Tyler Childers (Woods, 2019)
Sat, April 11 - Charles Bradley (Mt. Hood Stage, 2017)
Sun, April 12 - Tank & The Bangas (Woods Stage, 2017)
Mon, April 13 - Damien Jurado (Lucky Barn, 2019)
Tues, April 14 - People Under the Stairs (Woods Stage, 2014)
Wed, April 15 - DakhaBrakha (Mt. Hood, 2018)

Never before presented in full, these live concerts come from Pickathon’s extensive vault of content. Filmed in multi-camera HD by an army of audiovisual specialists each year, they’re part of Pickathon’s movement from an annual festival to a year-round content creation company driven by some of the most creative minds in Portland, Oregon and the Pacific Northwest. Stages at Pickathon are planned like independent films, with architects and visual artists creating one-of-a-kind experiences that drive the artists to career best performances which are rendered in multi-camera HD and subsequently released year round.

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

afaik the Pickathon shows will be up on Youtube for ~3 days after the initial post
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

Zip City
Posts: 16416
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

User avatar
ramonz
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:23 pm
Location: "Sitting in my room, record player on..."

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by ramonz »

Live Futurebirds, every Friday night at 10pm on their instagram

User avatar
bovine knievel
Posts: 9098
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 pm
Location: Pollyanna doesn't live here.

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by bovine knievel »

This should be a good time.

Out of our Gourds’: Livestream will gather members of beloved Austin band

Beyond the five band members, the event will include Gourds songs performed by James McMurtry, Jimbo Mathus, John Fullbright, Cody Canada, Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison, Steve Poltz, Jon Dee Graham, Jaimee Harris, Brent Best, Kelley Mickwee, Patrick Sweany, Tony Kamel, Mike Nicolai, Walter Salas-Humara, Rev. Peyton, Lincoln Durham, Lew Card, Jeff Brown, Ben Jones, Trisha Gene Brady, Pat McKay, Drew Landry, Mike Stewart, Phillip McEachern and Dan Nugent.

Saturday, April 25th, 2020 @ 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm CST
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2388865298/

Image
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by pearlbeer »

Check out this steam. Vol. 1 was great.

https://www.thesaxonpub.com/e/saxon-str ... 512511682/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by pearlbeer »

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
tinnitus photography
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by tinnitus photography »

Robyn Hitchcock will be doing the 2nd Syd Barrett record:
https://www.stageit.com/robyn_hitchcock ... rett/80318
[quote="linkous"]There are three genres of music. Good music, bad music, and music made by The Fall.[/quote]

User avatar
whatwouldcooleydo?
Posts: 13220
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: on the dirty boulevard
Contact:

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets ... 98bc7c83ef

Richard Thompson Sunday, May 10. 7:30 PM BST, so 2:30 east, 1:30 central, 12:30 mtn, 11:30 AM Pacific

It's free
Does anyone need yet another politician, caught with his pants down and money sticking in his hole?

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by pearlbeer »

I've really been enjoying Sunday morning streams with Todd Snider.

Noon EST every Sunday

https://purplebuildinglive.com/
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

User avatar
pearlbeer
Posts: 886
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:56 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by pearlbeer »

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

LBRod
Posts: 4129
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:15 pm
Location: Beneath Pacheco Pass

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by LBRod »

pearlbeer wrote:I've really been enjoying Sunday morning streams with Todd Snider.

Noon EST every Sunday

https://purplebuildinglive.com/
Yes indeed. They are available on YouTube. Here's his Prine tribute.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

walthers
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: online concert streams - master thread

Post by walthers »

Just finished this. The stream is good until tomorrow at midnight. Even though it is not HD of anything like that because it was recorded in ‘85, it is a solid performance. I forgot how great of a dancer and overall performer Prince really was. Plus the crowd shots and big hair are worth watching as well.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/princ ... tion-live/

Post Reply