Thunderclap Newman

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Thunderclap Newman

Post by Beaverdam »

I’ve always liked the song “Something in the Air,” and I think that it’s used in the movie, “Almost Famous” (one of my favorites). Last night my wife and I were watching tv (Killing Eve, I think), and the song was used. I then googled the song trying to place the singer. I thought that the voice sounded familiar, but I never for the 100k question on Jeopardy would have guessed” Thunderclap Newman;” I’d never even heard of that band name!

Flea

Re: Thunderclap Newman

Post by Flea »

Beaverdam wrote:I’ve always liked the song “Something in the Air,” and I think that it’s used in the movie, “Almost Famous” (one of my favorites). Last night my wife and I were watching tv (Killing Eve, I think), and the song was used. I then googled the song trying to place the singer. I thought that the voice sounded familiar, but I never for the 100k question on Jeopardy would have guessed” Thunderclap Newman;” I’d never even heard of that band name!
I'm pretty sure Pete Townshend was a big assist in getting them signed.
Now it's dark.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Flea wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:I’ve always liked the song “Something in the Air,” and I think that it’s used in the movie, “Almost Famous” (one of my favorites). Last night my wife and I were watching tv (Killing Eve, I think), and the song was used. I then googled the song trying to place the singer. I thought that the voice sounded familiar, but I never for the 100k question on Jeopardy would have guessed” Thunderclap Newman;” I’d never even heard of that band name!
I'm pretty sure Pete Townshend was a big assist in getting them signed.
Pete produced "Hollywood Dream" & Jimmy McCulloch of Wings was the guitar player. Good album but they didn't last long. "Something in the Air" definitely a great song. Thought Tom Petty did a nice cover on his greatest hits.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I think Pete played bass on Something In The Air. :mrgreen:
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I actually have this album on vinyl :) Great song, pretty decent album. From memory, Pete helped put the band together and produced the album because of his friendship w/ lead singer & writer of the song, Speedy Keen.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:I actually have this album on vinyl :) Great song, pretty decent album. From memory, Pete helped put the band together and produced the album because of his friendship w/ lead singer & writer of the song, Speedy Keen.
And it's on Pete's boutique label, Track.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be