The Futurebirds

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

KcGhostToMost

The Futurebirds

Post by KcGhostToMost »

Not sure if they have been talked about in here much but I have to say their new album ‘Teamwork’ is phenomenal. They in my opinion have progressively gotten better album by album. The reviews for this one are positive for the most part with the only complaint being that they do not venture out much past their known sound. I disagree with that. Their sound is way more layered than previous albums and love the use of strings and horns with this new one. They have a very southern psychedelic country rock sound I really dig. The three songwriters all have great voices and write very thought provoking lyrics. The three guitar sound is also one I’ve always loved no matter the band. Every song on this one is amazing and will be one of my favorite albums of 2020 when the year ends. It’s that good. My favorite part of the album is the three song trilogy towards the middle of the album of “Trippin, Wandering Minds and My Broken Arm” I love their hippy approach in their lyrics too. I saw them play after Susto a few years ago and have been hooked since. They are even better live. If you want a great start to finish album in 2020 this is one to check out. Their others are good too but this is their best.

boyyourself

Re: The Futurebirds

Post by boyyourself »

Agreed. This record is killer. They’ve garnered quite a following here in Colorado and are playing two nights here in a month in a tiny basement type rock club for the second year in a row. Beyond stoked for that.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Seen them many, many times over the past decade, as recently as just a few weeks ago.
Band is a fun party for sure.
They've been good to Charlottesville. I'll probably go see them every time they roll through town.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords