R.I.P. Kelley Looney (Steve Earle & The Dukes...)

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

xroads64

R.I.P. Kelley Looney (Steve Earle & The Dukes...)

Post by xroads64 »

So bummed....started out with Billy Jo Shaver, played over 30 years with Steve Earle. Everything in a bass player that I love. Only 61 years old. My heart goes out to Steve and everyone else whose lives were touched by Kelley.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: R.I.P. Kelley Looney (Steve Earle & The Dukes...)

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Damn, awful news. Just recently watched the ACL episode of the Dukes doing Guy Clark material and was thinking back to all the old Dukes shows I saw in 90s and early 2000s (I still think the Transcendental Blues tour is my favorite) and marveling at what a rock Kelley had been for Steve over all this time. RIP :( :( :(
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

worrierking

Re: R.I.P. Kelley Looney (Steve Earle & The Dukes...)

Post by worrierking »

When we saw them this spring Worrierqueen kept telling me how bad the bass player looked. He seemed sick. Sat down on a few songs. I didn't see anywhere what the cause of death was, but he didn't look to be in good shape a few months ago.

Very sad.