Songs you sing and like but don't love

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Songs you sing and like but don't love

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I walk around singing to myself quite a bit, and it's no surprise when "Boom Boom Mancini" or "Genius" come out of my mouth, because I love those songs. I also find myself singing, of all things, "Turn That Heartbeat Over Again" by Steely Dan, which I like a lot but which isn't exactly a favorite. I'm not sure exactly why I sing it. It's got something to do with how it feels, physically, to put those words out, and with being able to fake most of the parts in it.

Can you relate? If you can, can you relate some songs you like but don't love and walk around singing?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

worrierking

Re: Songs you sing and like but don't love

Post by worrierking »

This Beat Goes On/Switching to Glide by The Kings came on the iPhone while I was mowing this weekend. I sang it so the whole neighborhood could hear. It's cheesier than all of Wisconsin, but it's great cheese. I'll sing it again, next time I hear it.

Boom Boom Mancini is awesome, BTW. Worrierking approves

Rocky

Re: Songs you sing and like but don't love

Post by Rocky »

Genius is an amazing fucking song.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life