Is Miranda Lambert the Country Artist GOAT?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Is Miranda Lambert the Country Artist GOAT?

Post by beantownbubba »

What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Is Miranda Lambert the Country Artist GOAT?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

No
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Who?
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:Who?
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:No
:lol:
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

I love some of the dudes quotes:

"Not that I profess any technical knowledge of music. I wouldn’t know adagio from fettuccine, and I sometimes forget that the mandolin is not a tropical fruit. "

"Miranda Lambert is the greatest country music artist of all time. Put me on a polygraph; waterboard me; lock me in a biker bar with Toby Keith and his meanest buddies. I couldn’t say otherwise if my life depended on it."

"Lambert has earned more awards from the Academy of Country Music than anyone, ever. Six of her albums have sold more than a million copies."

Okay, you know nothing of music, you are too dumb to admit you're wrong even if it meant physical harm, and sales = quality. All righty then.
Now it's dark.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:

"Not that I profess any technical knowledge of music. I wouldn’t know adagio from fettuccine, and I sometimes forget that the mandolin is not a tropical fruit. "

"Miranda Lambert is the greatest country music artist of all time. Put me on a polygraph; waterboard me; lock me in a biker bar with Toby Keith and his meanest buddies. I couldn’t say otherwise if my life depended on it."

"Lambert has earned more awards from the Academy of Country Music than anyone, ever. Six of her albums have sold more than a million copies."

Okay, you know nothing of music, you are too dumb to admit you're wrong even if it meant physical harm, and sales = quality. All righty then.
these two stood out to me:

(1) I write about politics and government for a living

(2) I don’t entirely trust country music evaluations from people who have never stuck a tractor in a muddy field

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

C'mon, bubba. Be better.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

When I was 18, I got kicked off the volunteer team at a local music festival for upsetting Miranda's dad by spending a little too much time on her bus... and for reeking of weed and cheap booze, probably :mrgreen:
The same night I got my weed confiscated by the 5-0 and nearly got my ass kicked by trying to get Montgomery Gentry to autograph my chest :lol:

Pretty sure I ended up with alcohol poisoning from a mix of Homebrew and green apple Boone's Farm.

I love Mrs.Lambert and she's one of the absolute best mainstream contemporary country stars, may be the best in the modern day, but the heyday of c&w is long gone.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Fuck no.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Smitty wrote:Pretty sure I ended up with alcohol poisoning from a mix of Homebrew and green apple Boone's Farm.
Just reading that line gave me the spins and that hot fluttery stomach feeling I haven't experienced in a (thankfully) long time. Well done.
Oh, and no, no she isn't.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Smitty wrote:When I was 18, I got kicked off the volunteer team at a local music festival for upsetting Miranda's dad by spending a little too much time on her bus... and for reeking of weed and cheap booze, probably :mrgreen:
The same night I got my weed confiscated by the 5-0 and nearly got my ass kicked by trying to get Montgomery Gentry to autograph my chest :lol:

Pretty sure I ended up with alcohol poisoning from a mix of Homebrew and green apple Boone's Farm.

I love Mrs.Lambert and she's one of the absolute best mainstream contemporary country stars, may be the best in the modern day, but the heyday of c&w is long gone.
Smitty you are the fuckin' best!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Smitty wrote:When I was 18, I got kicked off the volunteer team at a local music festival for upsetting Miranda's dad by spending a little too much time on her bus... and for reeking of weed and cheap booze, probably :mrgreen:

When's the pre-order for your book start?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:C'mon, bubba. Be better.
Hey, if I didn't post this we never would have gotten that dazzling Smitty post.

FWIW, I posted it because I was curious whether I missed something (my reaction being more along the no-hell no-fuck no range). I consider myself a dabbler in country music while this guy proclaims himself a master of the country universe so I wondered whether there might be some gathering consensus about Ms. Lambert of which I am not aware. Turns out, not so much.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:C'mon, bubba. Be better.
Hey, if I didn't post this we never would have gotten that dazzling Smitty post.

FWIW, I posted it because I was curious whether I missed something (my reaction being more along the no-hell no-fuck no range). I consider myself a dabbler in country music while this guy proclaims himself a master of the country universe so I wondered whether there might be some gathering consensus about Ms. Lambert of which I am not aware. Turns out, not so much.
I think she's great. I can't think of anyone of her generation who's better.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

I think Trace Adkins both fucks goats and is the progeny of goats

John A Arkansawyer

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I think Trace Adkins both fucks goats and is the progeny of goats
Isn't that cannibalism?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I think Trace Adkins both fucks goats and is the progeny of goats
Isn't that cannibalism?
Why ask me? You’re the one from Arkansas

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Flea wrote:

these two stood out to me:

(2) I don’t entirely trust country music evaluations from people who have never stuck a tractor in a muddy field
This is truth. The only way anyone learned to dance was from people who had their tractor stuck in a muddy field.

Love each other, Motherfuckers!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Flea wrote:

"lock me in a biker bar with Toby Keith and his meanest buddies. I couldn’t say otherwise if my life depended on it."
Dude thinks Toby Keith is some kind of tough guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, he's a Ford truck man, that's all he drives, he ain't got no boundaries, he don't compromise, but a tough guy?

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Flea wrote:

"lock me in a biker bar with Toby Keith and his meanest buddies. I couldn’t say otherwise if my life depended on it."
Dude thinks Toby Keith is some kind of tough guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, he's a Ford truck man, that's all he drives, he ain't got no boundaries, he don't compromise, but a tough guy?

Kris Kristofferson body-bagged him years ago backstage at some Willie Nelson benefit concert.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:lock me in a biker bar with Toby Keith and his meanest buddies. I couldn’t say otherwise if my life depended on it."
Ha! I thought this meant that even if you tortured him w/ awful music in a locked room he wouldn't change his mind.

I gather from others' comments that he was being more literal than that, which, as others have noted, is really unfortunate.

John A Arkansawyer

Isn't that cannibalism?
Why ask me? You’re the one from Arkansas
I'll have you know we chased the Donner Party clean out of here.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Alcohol poisoning, cannibalism, Toby Keith slams, a Kevin Bacon reference, and goat-fucking.
This thread is Exhibit A in why I love all you motherfuckers.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:Pretty sure I ended up with alcohol poisoning from a mix of Homebrew and green apple Boone's Farm.
I like the story imagining that you were all wacked out on Sterno, to the point of getting the jake leg :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'll have you know we chased the Donner Party clean out of here.
I wasn't talking about the cannibalism part of the equation

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I'll have you know we chased the Donner Party clean out of here.
I beg your pardon! Judge Roy Moore is an Alabamanian. NOT an Arkansawyer.

whatwouldcooleydo?

tinnitus photography wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I literally spewed beer yesterday, thinking of this, when a guy I know said he was looking forward to seeing Trace Adkins on July 4th :lol:

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I beg your pardon! Judge Roy Moore is an Alabamanian. NOT an Arkansawyer.
Guess who attended service and spoke at the after-service dinner last week at my cousin's church? The same cousin who officiated over my wedding and pretty much every funeral I've ever been to? Shitty former country music "star" Mark Wills? Well yeah he was there as well, but actually none other than the underage-goatfucker himself, Roy Moore.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

scotto wrote:Alcohol poisoning, cannibalism, Toby Keith slams, a Kevin Bacon reference, and goat-fucking.
This thread is Exhibit A in why I love all you motherfuckers.
All of that makes this thread worth it. Chapman's opinion on country music? Not so much.

I know Chapman, by the way. He's been a political beat writer in Chicago since the early eighties and I was pretty involved in Democratic politics in the mid to late eighties. When I worked on Senator Paul Simon's campaign he would have pizzas delivered to us hoping to get some of us to feed him info he wasn't getting through normal channels. Senator Simon had standing orders that when they would arrive we would only accept them if the office paid for them, and by office I mean out of his own pocket. Once he had donuts dropped off with no bill and the Senator had us go down to Michigan Avenue and distribute them to the homeless.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved