The Scruffy Charm of the Audience Tape

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

A subject near and dear to my heart for 35+ years. Always thought that Dean Benedetti should have a documentary, he's a legend. When I did a massive yearlong ethnography on "tape" trading networks in grad school I dedicated it to Dean Benedetti and Richard Nixon ;)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

worrierking

Re: The Scruffy Charm of the Audience Tape

Post by worrierking »

You can read about a lot of the taping legends like "Mike the Mic" and others at the Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin boards. I think back to all the shows I saw in the late 70s and early 80s where I could have taped some of these shows pretty easily. Now, the tech is so easy and I don't care enough!

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:The Scruffy Charm of the Audience Tape

A subject near and dear to my heart for 35+ years. Always thought that Dean Benedetti should have a documentary, he's a legend. When I did a massive yearlong ethnography on "tape" trading networks in grad school I dedicated it to Dean Benedetti and Richard Nixon ;)
Great Fade Away/Easy Wind
Always go to the show

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

worrierking wrote:You can read about a lot of the taping legends like "Mike the Mic" and others at the Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin boards. I think back to all the shows I saw in the late 70s and early 80s where I could have taped some of these shows pretty easily. Now, the tech is so easy and I don't care enough!
Mike Millard definitely deserves the documentary treatment
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing