The best concert review in recent memory

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

The best concert review in recent memory

Post by pearlbeer »

Just...just read this. This Post Malone concert review is Pulitzer worthy journalism. Enjoy pulling out your favorite nugget, as there are so many to choose from.

"What followed sounded like Bon Iver cosplaying as Bon Scott right before he tried to drink himself to death."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... f8edbcbff9
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

worrierking

Re: The best concert review in recent memory

Post by worrierking »

I confess to having no knowledge of Post Malone. But that was a helluva review.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

pearlbeer wrote:Just...just read this. This Post Malone concert review is Pulitzer worthy journalism. Enjoy pulling out your favorite nugget, as there are so many to choose from.

"What followed sounded like Bon Iver cosplaying as Bon Scott right before he tried to drink himself to death."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... f8edbcbff9
Wish I could read it, but it's behind a paywall
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Highlights

Bros in Troy Aikman jerseys and “Beerbongs and Bentleys” merch grunted with simian glee. Twenty thousand people rocketed up, stood on their seats, and for a brief moment there was the palpable fear of being stampeded to death at a Post Malone concert (which, of course, requires the deceased to be buried in a racecar-shaped coffin wrapped in the Rockstar Energy drink logo).

-----

Post Malone’s music is dead-eyed and ignorant, astonishingly dull in its materialism, an abandoned lot of creativity with absolutely no evidence of traffic in his cerebral cortex — and there’s also a negative side

-----

He makes Vanilla Ice look like Luther Vandross.

-----

Post Malone offers every bad mash-up of toxic Americana, the perversion of proud outlaw genius warped into a sentient barbed-wire stick and poke tattoo.

-----

What Post Malone so perfectly represents is the idiotic currents that have carried us to this present cultural submersion — where an objective notion of the truth has been systematically muddied, facts are negotiable and any hint of criticism — be it for lacking integrity, dignity or talent — can be brazenly dismissed as the pitiful cries of the “haters.” So congratulations, I guess. Who allowed this happen? What hole in the system allowed this greasy discarded barbecue wrapper to prosper?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Zip City wrote:Wish I could read it, but it's behind a paywall
That's odd. I just clicked on the link using a browser in which I wasn't signed into my WP account and it allowed me to read it as a guest. WaPo also allows access via Amazon Prime, so if one has an AP account you have full access to WaPo (I am pretty sure that's how it works)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Thank you pearlbeer. That was amazing.

"Post Malone took the stage to deafening cheers, scorching jet flames and billowing clouds of smoke like a Groupon version of a Kiss concert from 1975."

"His songs completely lack volatility and swing, leaving him as a little boy trying on oversized sequin suits and Versace loafers alternately trying to be a fake musty Elvis, a swaggering baller, a redneck backcountry rebel, but flailing somewhere in the doughy middle."

Jeff Weiss for president.
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life