I missed church today, but at least I wrote a sermon

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

I missed church today, but at least I wrote a sermon

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

And yes, this post does belong as much in the Other Bands / Music News section as it does anywhere else. You'll see why:

Why And How You Should Use The Word "Chickenshit" In Church Services

Buses welcome. As are brickbats. Or any given critique. Actually, maybe hold off on the brickbats.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Re: I missed church today, but at least I wrote a sermon

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I really should provide an excerpt:
Perhaps the video's treatment of the word was justified at the time. But this is a new day, one in which we have a moral responsibility to bring the word "chickenshit" into polite discourse. We need that word, even more we need the word "bullshit". Both words describe sicknesses that haunt our species and our century.

But we need "chickenshit", badly. Why?

To kill another word, one which is useful but which is does way more harm than good, one I will only say once here: continue reading →
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be