Immortality By Other Means

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Immortality By Other Means

Post by beantownbubba »

I venture to guess that most songs are forgotten w/in days of being recorded. Others go on to be standards, some to become closely identified w/ political or social causes, some identify an era, at least to those who participated in said era, and some songs become closely identified w/ special moments in people's lives. But it's new to me for a restaurant to be named after a song.

If you've been around here for a while you've heard me sing (get it??) the praises of David Johansen (originally of the New York Dolls) and especially his first, self-titled, album. And even more especially, I've tried to call your attention to the last cut on the album, "Frenchette." I'm pretty sure there are AOTWs or SOTWs that at least mention these (perhaps not in single subject posts but in one of my "thematic" round-ups) and I'm sure they've worked their way on to various best of threads. Anyway,

One of the hottest new restaurants in New York is called, yes, Frenchette and yes, it is named after the song :) :) This is undoubtedly the coolest thing I've heard in a while, well at least since that shout-out on Sunday nite ;)

The review of the restaurant is in today's NYT and not only is the restaurant excellent, the review is very well written and pretty funny as these things go.

Guess what I'll be listening to today?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Smitty

Re: Immortality By Other Means

Post by Smitty »

In unrelated news

Goodbye Ruby Tuesdays? Broke Wollongong band in US restaurant $2m lawsuit

I've never ate there, but there's a restaurant/bar in Tupelo named "Blue Canoe" after the Blue Mountain song (and best "summer" song of all-time)
Last edited by Smitty on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

dime in the gutter

Re: Immortality By Other Means

Post by dime in the gutter »

cherry garcia