worst.earworm.ever

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

worst.earworm.ever

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

what the fuck did I do to ever deserve this earworm?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Re: worst.earworm.ever

Post by beantownbubba »

So, wwcd, do you expect people to click on the clip?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:So, wwcd, do you expect people to click on the clip?
I expect nothing
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Flea

Post by Flea »

Now it's dark.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Flea wrote:
True story: During my first visit to any Disney park, which happened to be Disneyland in CA, my wife (then gf) and I got stuck in the Small World ride for half an hour w/ the song playing over and over and over and over and over...

scotto

Post by scotto »

beantownbubba wrote:True story: During my first visit to any Disney park, which happened to be Disneyland in CA, my wife (then gf) and I got stuck in the Small World ride for half an hour w/ the song playing over and over and over and over and over...
But just think of all the extra geo-cultural goodwill you experienced.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

scotto wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:True story: During my first visit to any Disney park, which happened to be Disneyland in CA, my wife (then gf) and I got stuck in the Small World ride for half an hour w/ the song playing over and over and over and over and over...
But just think of all the extra geo-cultural goodwill you experienced.
No doubt it made me the internationalist I am today.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

That explains quite bit, Bubba. :lol:
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

The Heat Is On by Glenn Frey. It's been stuck in my head for about two weeks and I have no idea why. I haven't heard it in like thirty years.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

phungi

Post by phungi »

beantownbubba wrote: True story: During my first visit to any Disney park, which happened to be Disneyland in CA, my wife (then gf) and I got stuck in the Small World ride for half an hour w/ the song playing over and over and over and over and over...
I found a review of this event on an archived Disney Fan site, posted by a young fan named "beantownbashful"
A few random thoughts, mostly about the performance but also about the ride generally.

Kudos to England for taking one for the team: Alice and the White Rabbit were the first cast members to deviate from the script, and deviated well before any of the others. Needless to say the jam-up was the focus of a lot of attention. Despite everyone’s obvious discomfort w/ that kind of thing Alice was impressively friendly and patient w/ everyone who asked for a picture or a minute of her time

Let's talk about Mr. Donald Duck for a second: As is obvious from his enthusiastic quacking, he was energetic and animated from the get go. What was remarkable was not even that he maintained that energy level throughout what seemed like a marathon half-hour delay, but that he became more animated and energetic as the experience wore on. I've heard that Donald has taken (is still taking?) diction lessons and I don't think there's any question that his quacking is better and more professionally exacting than ever.

My sense is that France interacted less than is even typical. Cinderella had a couple of really terrific moments but Pinocchio from Italy was surprisingly very soulful and funky. And speaking of funk, in another room I can't remember but which was near the end of the delay, Peter Pan had the closest thing to a puppet solo I've ever heard at Disney ride. It wasn't quite a solo, more like a "lead talking" moment but needless to say it was excellent and tasteful.

Speaking of the crowd, I note that it was a little younger and more male than the typical Disney ride. As I've said before, I'm not sure why I believe this but I do think that the park is catching on more widely among boy fans is important for the park’s long-term continuing success (and for whatever potential they may have to break bigger).

In sum, to quote my good camp friend (whom we all know not to play doctor with) John, “always go to the park”.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are no secrets on the internet.

Bashfully yours,
btb :oops: