Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

I know absolutely nothing about this guy and pert near nothing about Christian rock, but found this to be an interesting read

The founder of Christian rock music would've hated what it's become
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

scotto

Re: Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music?

Post by scotto »

I got to see Larry Norman a few times back in the '70s when he'd come to a Christian university in my hometown. I wasn't religious even then, but my girlfriend went to that school and he seemed interesting, so we went. I found him pretty entertaining and he was nothing like the current "Christian rock" genre, not at all heavy handed and actually had some humor. Haven't heard him in years, but I know his albums have become pretty collectible. I remember that song "Why Should the Devil.." Also remember one called "Song for a Small Circle of Friends" where he name drops Dylan, Clapton, McCartney and others.
Looks like a good read.

whatwouldcooleydo?

scotto wrote:I got to see Larry Norman a few times back in the '70s when he'd come to a Christian university in my hometown. I wasn't religious even then, but my girlfriend went to that school and he seemed interesting, so we went. I found him pretty entertaining and he was nothing like the current "Christian rock" genre, not at all heavy handed and actually had some humor. Haven't heard him in years, but I know his albums have become pretty collectible. I remember that song "Why Should the Devil.." Also remember one called "Song for a Small Circle of Friends" where he name drops Dylan, Clapton, McCartney and others.
Looks like a good read.
completely off-topic, taken yesterday in Lodi, CA

scotto

Post by scotto »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
scotto wrote:I got to see Larry Norman a few times back in the '70s when he'd come to a Christian university in my hometown. I wasn't religious even then, but my girlfriend went to that school and he seemed interesting, so we went. I found him pretty entertaining and he was nothing like the current "Christian rock" genre, not at all heavy handed and actually had some humor. Haven't heard him in years, but I know his albums have become pretty collectible. I remember that song "Why Should the Devil.." Also remember one called "Song for a Small Circle of Friends" where he name drops Dylan, Clapton, McCartney and others.
Looks like a good read.
completely off-topic, taken yesterday in Lodi, CA

Huh. Very nice. Looks like it'd be worth a trip. All I know about Lodi is that CCR song, which is not much I guess.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

scotto wrote:All I know about Lodi is that CCR song, which is not much I guess.
Total guess on my part, but I'll take "that's all there is to know" for 100, alex.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
scotto wrote:All I know about Lodi is that CCR song, which is not much I guess.
Total guess on my part, but I'll take "that's all there is to know" for 100, alex.
Lodi is a town of 64,000 (about 25 miles south of Sacramento), and it has 76 wineries, as well as 4 downtown breweries that are all within a few blocks of one another. It's the old vine Zinfadel capitol of the world, and hometown of Robert Mondavi (also home of Bill Cartwright). Very laid back AG-centered town with lots of good local food and drink.

Might not seem like much to the east coast elite but for us backwards central valley hicks it is a fun place to spend a little time ;)

scotto

Post by scotto »

Plus, it's home to Scotto's Wine & Cider, so fuck all y'all.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

scotto wrote:Plus, it's home to Scotto's Wine & Cider, so fuck all y'all.
Shit, Bubba should like this place. Looks kinda fancy.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved