wilco reissues

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rebelcrowe

wilco reissues

Post by rebelcrowe »

If you bought the new Wilco reissues what do you think about them?

tinnitus photography

Re: wilco reissues

Post by tinnitus photography »

didn't get a chance to listen to my Being There LP box that came in today, but i listened to it via Spotify on the drive up to the mountains. of the extra stuff, nothing that great jumped out at me. seems like all the unreleased stuff stayed that way for a reason. the main record is still a great record (though side 3 is definitely the weak point), and it sounds better.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Seems like they maybe blew their load with the 4 CD b-side/rarities set a year or so back
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:didn't get a chance to listen to my Being There LP box that came in today, but i listened to it via Spotify on the drive up to the mountains. of the extra stuff, nothing that great jumped out at me. seems like all the unreleased stuff stayed that way for a reason. the main record is still a great record (though side 3 is definitely the weak point), and it sounds better.
Side 3 has Someone Else's Song and Kingpin on it.....weak?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

The Troubador show (with KCRW extras) is worth the price of admission on its own. That version of "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" is awesome.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Not really in a rush to pick up a copy, but it's a stunning record and probably my favorite out of all of them.
The extra stuff is just cherry no matter how you cut it, especially if none of the bonus material came out as part of the big box set from last year (which was also great).
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

tinnitus photography

Zip City wrote:
tinnitus photography wrote:didn't get a chance to listen to my Being There LP box that came in today, but i listened to it via Spotify on the drive up to the mountains. of the extra stuff, nothing that great jumped out at me. seems like all the unreleased stuff stayed that way for a reason. the main record is still a great record (though side 3 is definitely the weak point), and it sounds better.
yep, though Sunken Treasure might singlehandedly bring it above side 4.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Zip City wrote:
yep, though Sunken Treasure might singlehandedly bring it above side 4.
huh

tinnitus photography

BT is so front-loaded on the 1st record.

and most of the filler is definitely on the 2nd.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:BT is so front-loaded on the 1st record.

and most of the filler is definitely on the 2nd.
my favorite run is what's next: Summerteeth (I freaked out on that record, drove people nuts. I call it Jeff's Brian Wilson record, shades of things to come), Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Ghost is Born, the live record. for me that's as fine a 4 record streak as any band ever. & the current band has been together a long time. live, they are as good as anybody & better than most. i've posted before a concept of a sort of "cool bands that i like" tour. Wilco, DBT, My Morning Jacket, Magpie Salute (now). All day affair with everyone getting a 2 hour slot. is good to dream....

Yaz Rock

Post by Yaz Rock »

chuckrh wrote: my favorite run is what's next: Summerteeth (I freaked out on that record, drove people nuts. I call it Jeff's Brian Wilson record, shades of things to come), Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Ghost is Born, the live record. for me that's as fine a 4 record streak as any band ever.
That was a great time to be a Wilco fan, but don't forget Mermaid Avenue! They may not be out-and-out- "Wilco" albums, but I played those CDs a heck of a lot more than i did most proper Wilco albums. I count 'em.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Yaz Rock wrote:
chuckrh wrote: my favorite run is what's next: Summerteeth (I freaked out on that record, drove people nuts. I call it Jeff's Brian Wilson record, shades of things to come), Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Ghost is Born, the live record. for me that's as fine a 4 record streak as any band ever.
That was a great time to be a Wilco fan, but don't forget Mermaid Avenue! They may not be out-and-out- "Wilco" albums, but I played those CDs a heck of a lot more than i did most proper Wilco albums. I count 'em.
good point, my bad! i still play "summerteeth" the most. so much going on. that's not denigrating anything else, just resonated with me hugely. favorite song though is "reservations". i was so happy they played that the last time i saw them. such a beautiful song.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

The deluxe edition of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is due on Friday, September 16th.

https://www.stereogum.com/2183847/wilco ... acks/news/

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:01 pm
The deluxe edition of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is due on Friday, September 16th.

https://www.stereogum.com/2183847/wilco ... acks/news/
Yeah, 82 is pretty eye-popping.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

How many of those 82 tracks are new and how many are just alternate versions of songs we already know?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Zip City wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:44 pm
How many of those 82 tracks are new and how many are just alternate versions of songs we already know?
according to the tape guy on via chicago the concert included hasn't ever been in circulation