Nashville Suggestions

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tomczyk

Nashville Suggestions

Post by tomczyk »

Looking for DBT fan suggestions about where to go in Nashville? Heading there this weekend.

Beebs

Re: Nashville Suggestions

Post by Beebs »

Rack up a solid hangover and stand in line at Pancake Pantry.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

If you don't want to spend 5 hours waiting for Hattie's chicken, go to Party Fowl

tomczyk

Post by tomczyk »

Looking for small music venue suggestions for alternative country

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Would definitely suggest the bars around east Nashville, if you go downtown you’re gonna get a pretty typical downtown experience.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Not sure how long you'll be there, but John Moreland is playing Sunday at 3rd & Lindsley with Joey Kneiser from Glossary opening. Was planning on making it down for this one, but I'm not going to be able to swing it.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

I'd definitely swing by Grimey's. They do some in-store performances, too. Looks like they have one this coming Friday if you'll be there.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

If you like hot chicken then the afore mentioned Hattie B's is great as is Prince's. I'm a big fan of the burger at the Pharmacy as well.
Carter Vintage Guitars is a good place to spend a Saturday afternoon and many of Nashville's resident musicians are known to frequent there. Yazoo brewery has a location downtown and have several great beers to sample.

Will

Post by Will »

If you do the Broadway bars, Robert's Western World is the one to go to. There's also a fantastic exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame right now on Dylan & Cash recording together and all the session players who rose to prominence around that time. Also, the Johnny Cash Museum ends with an exhibit on Hurt with the video playing on a loop above the chair he sat in for the filming. I was a mess when we left.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I'll second Yazoo

tomczyk

Post by tomczyk »

rlipps wrote:Not sure how long you'll be there, but John Moreland is playing Sunday at 3rd & Lindsley with Joey Kneiser from Glossary opening. Was planning on making it down for this one, but I'm not going to be able to swing it.
That's good to hear. We have tickets for the Opry at the Ryman tomorrow night and Moreland is in the lineup. I'm not familiar with him beyond the little bit I've seen on social media.

tomczyk

Post by tomczyk »

psychobillycadillac wrote:If you like hot chicken then the afore mentioned Hattie B's is great as is Prince's. I'm a big fan of the burger at the Pharmacy as well.
Carter Vintage Guitars is a good place to spend a Saturday afternoon and many of Nashville's resident musicians are known to frequent there. Yazoo brewery has a location downtown and have several great beers to sample.

Thanks

tomczyk

Post by tomczyk »

Thanks for the intel. Keep 'em coming if you've got more. Coming to town from VT, we love alt-country, IPAs, Mtn biking and fresh local goods.

tomczyk

Post by tomczyk »

Will wrote:If you do the Broadway bars, Robert's Western World is the one to go to. There's also a fantastic exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame right now on Dylan & Cash recording together and all the session players who rose to prominence around that time. Also, the Johnny Cash Museum ends with an exhibit on Hurt with the video playing on a loop above the chair he sat in for the filming. I was a mess when we left.
Valuable info, thanks!

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

tomczyk wrote:Thanks for the intel. Keep 'em coming if you've got more. Coming to town from VT, we love alt-country, IPAs, Mtn biking and fresh local goods.

There's not a ton of mountain biking there but there is a strong community of cyclists. Are y'all going to have your bikes with you? If so I can hook you up with a couple folks that can give you some good intel on where to ride.