Los Lobos

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

DiamondDave

Los Lobos

Post by DiamondDave »

Saw them again last night. Just amazing. It's really perplexing to me that they've never gotten bigger than they are. I'm a strong believer that Tedeschi Trucks band is one of the tightest touring bands out there, but Los Lobos is right there with them. No setlist last night. Just a band with a few already songs in mind, as well as some requests, all played with everything they've got.
If you only think of "La Bamba" you're doing your ears and this great American band a disservice.
As much as the entire band is overlooked as peerless multi-instrumentalists, Hildago is sorely overlooked as a mind blowing guitarist. Face melting good.
And the fact that they are so fan friendly just adds to their charm.

"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

scotto

Re: Los Lobos

Post by scotto »

I love Los Lobos. For current bands that have been around for awhile, probably my second favorite.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Is it just me or does that pic look strikingly similar to David Gilmour? :lol:

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

211poundsofpork wrote:Is it just me or does that pic look strikingly similar to David Gilmour? :lol:
He has incredible stage presence for a guy that barely moves and looks like he might die at any moment.

Seriously, I was worried!
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

One of the best bands we've got.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords