Glossary 20th Anniversary Show 10/7/17

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Glossary 20th Anniversary Show 10/7/17

Post by rlipps »

Anyone else gonna be at this one tonight at the Mercy Lounge in Nashville? I think I saw where Dean & Beth we’re planning on going, wife and I just got in to Nashville, can’t wait for this one.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Glossary 20th Anniversary Show 10/7/17

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Sorry we missed you, Rodney. This was an amazing show start to finish. We really enjoyed Jon Latham's opening set as that dude embodies what it means to love Rock & Roll body and soul. His band was tight, the songs were on point and he finished with a cover of Even the Losers. Quite the set up for the main event.

As far as Glossary goes what can you say? These guys have always been great and they've been much missed in the last four years. I think one of the big appeals of Glossary, at least to me, is that the songs seem to hearken back to an early time and the characters that embody the songs go through happiness, sadness and heartbreak like everyone else. The fact that we were watching their return days after Petty died, probably the greatest American songwriter to evoke those themes, was not lost on me. I had never seen Joey playing a Telecaster before and it added a beefiness to the sound that was much welcomed. Is was fun to hear Todd Beene's songs again with Kelly and her fantastic harmonies as well. The joy in the room was so thick it was like something you could touch. This was worth the trip.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Anyone have audio for this?