RIP Jessi Zazu (Those Darlins')

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

RIP Jessi Zazu (Those Darlins')

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Those Darlins’ Jessi Zazu Dead At 28

Way too damn young. RIP.

Saw them open up a few shows for DBT and once on their own and enjoyed them. Sad news.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer

Re: RIP Jessi Zazu (Those Darlins')

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Goddammit. Fuck cancer.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

fuck fuck fuck :( :( :(

Never got to see them but have a few of their albums and really dig them. Totally shitty news.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

jimmyjack

Post by jimmyjack »

Of the three Darlins, I was probably least acquainted with Jessi, though we hung out a few times, the way you do in a small town where everyone plays music and everyone drinks.

My favorite memory is being at a party at the Darlins house in Murfreesboro. It was your standard "musicians getting wasted in an open field" type deal, until Nikki and Jessi came up to me and a few others with this devilish gleam in their eyes, drunker than shit, and said "wanna shoot guns??" It was then I realized "these ladies are the real fuckin' deal."

It wasn't just talk, by the way: they did subsequently break out the guns, and took turns drunkenly shooting at things on their very small piece of land. It was pretty badass.

RIP to a wild one, and a very talented and unique person. Many loved her, and everyone respected her.