Let there be rock or how r & r saved you/concert stories

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Let there be rock or how r & r saved you/concert stories

Post by Swamp »

Don't remember if there's a thread like this. If so, oh well.
I was 17 in April of 76 and this was going to be the first show I went solo. Just as soon as I finished flipping burgers at McDonalds.
My favorite artist (at the time) was coming and I couldn't find any weed. When I explained my situation to my manager she offered to go 3 doors down and git me some licker.
She came back with 2 half pints of Black Velvet and I wss off to the show.
This was also the first time I stood on the floor and I got as close to the wall as I could. Head East was the opening act and they brought it. I loved being on the floor! Then the act I came to see came on. Nugent blew me away. It was the original band before he started singing. Then the headliner came on but Nuge had wore me out and I decided to find a place to sit for Robin Trower.
I did manage to play a pretty mean air guitar, as the people around me watched in awe, before falling asleep.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?