Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

OkieinTexas

Re: Rogers Water tour rehearsal setlist/torrent

Post by OkieinTexas »

Thanks for the response sir. I really loved One Of These Days. A song I think is ok but was great live.[/quote]

Oh yeah, One of These Days was wicked! I have seen that one before, otherwise it might have been right there with the Animals songs. I was hoping for Set the Controls.... this tour but alas, he didn't ask for my setlist input :lol:[/quote]

I haven't seen proper Pink Floyd and have only seen Roger Waters on the Wall tour and this recent one. What PF related shows have you seen?
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

OkieinTexas wrote:Thanks for the response sir. I really loved One Of These Days. A song I think is ok but was great live.
Oh yeah, One of These Days was wicked! I have seen that one before, otherwise it might have been right there with the Animals songs. I was hoping for Set the Controls.... this tour but alas, he didn't ask for my setlist input :lol:[/quote]

I haven't seen proper Pink Floyd and have only seen Roger Waters on the Wall tour and this recent one. What PF related shows have you seen?[/quote]

just the Gilmour Floyd and Roger Waters last year at Bridge School Benefit. Missed the Wall tour both times it hit Nor Cal (arenas and then AT&T Park) due to the bad timing of having tickets for other shows. What were the odds?

I am too young to have seen the real band, though I guess I was old enough to see the "real" Wall tour had they done a normal tour and had it come to North Carolina. I don't recall him coming around to NC on the Pros and Cons tour
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

How was the Gilmour tour?
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

whatwouldcooleydo?

OkieinTexas wrote:How was the Gilmour tour?
I've never seen him solo, I was referring to the Pink Floyd tours without Roger Waters. Those were quite good though there was obviously a huge asterisk to those tours, at least to me. The older material was excellent on those tours, the new material from Momentary Lapse and Division Bell was more hit and miss

Seeing Pink Floyd is the only time I've ever had 20,000+ people chanting my name, and in a positive tone, no less :lol:

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

OkieinTexas wrote:[What was your favorite song?
For me, has to be Echoes. It has it all, other than the angry lyrics. The DG version on Live in Gdansk is unreal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl25ikVEPB4, sung the way it's meant to be sung, with Dave and Rick together. And the guitar work from 4:35-5:35 is stunning - reminds me of the added solo in Mother from the Live Wall ('80-'81) CD.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

ramonz wrote:
For me, has to be Echoes. It has it all, other than the angry lyrics. The DG version on Live in Gdansk is unreal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl25ikVEPB4, sung the way it's meant to be sung, with Dave and Rick together. And the guitar work from 4:35-5:35 is stunning - reminds me of the added solo in Mother from the Live Wall ('80-'81) CD.
Pretty sure there is no bad version of Echoes. The version on Live from Pompeii also kicks ass (and look at shirtless David.....hubba hubba)
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Zip City wrote:
ramonz wrote:
Pretty sure there is no bad version of Echoes. The version on Live from Pompeii also kicks ass (and look at shirtless David.....hubba hubba)
i was gonna mention that version too. essential stuff.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Echoes from Live in Pompeii (even though they divide it up) is a sight to behold, and hear! Saw that Waters is doing Dogs and Pigs both this tour. What, no Sheep?!

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

211poundsofpork wrote:Echoes from Live in Pompeii (even though they divide it up) is a sight to behold, and hear!
Clearly the definitive version (I've been thru 2 VCR tapes and one DVD over 30 years), but thought I'd throw in the DG version for the completists out there....and the sick solo.

whatwouldcooleydo?

ramonz wrote:
I thought the question was asking about favorite song from the show I saw/this tour.....

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
ramonz wrote:
I thought the question was asking about favorite song from the show I saw/this tour.....
You mean I have to actually READ?? :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

ramonz wrote:You mean I have to actually READ?? :lol:
don't make us break out the math :lol: :lol:

Flea

Post by Flea »

ramonz wrote:

Echoes is great, but I could make a convincing argument for Dogs.
Now it's dark.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Flea wrote:
ramonz wrote:

Echoes is great, but I could make a convincing argument for Dogs.
The Sheep, Pigs (3), Dogs trio is embarrassingly good.

211poundsofpork

ramonz wrote:
211poundsofpork wrote:Echoes from Live in Pompeii (even though they divide it up) is a sight to behold, and hear!
Clearly the definitive version (I've been thru 2 VCR tapes and one DVD over 30 years), but thought I'd throw in the DG version for the completists out there....and the sick solo.
Agree. 60-some guitarist blowing me away.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Animals was more often than not the album we played on the soccer bus before matches to get us geeked up :lol:

211poundsofpork

(Posting here in lieu of a proper Floyd thread- maybe I wasn't searching correctly but I could not locate one!)
Just like a Gilmour discussion would get my juices flowing, all this Waters semi-hoopla recently got me on a Floyd kick (as well as spurring me on to pick up Waters new album). Busted out the Pompeii dvd for the 1st time in a long while and it wowed me as usual. Got me interested again in that Early Years Floyd box set that came out last year. Anyone here take the plunge? It is pricey, but looks more than worth it.

tinnitus photography

i acquired it via other means, and it's great (at least the audio).

whether it's $500 or so great is a matter of opinion. it wasn't that value for me.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:i acquired it via other means, and it's great (at least the audio).

whether it's $500 or so great is a matter of opinion. it wasn't that value for me.
totally agree with the above. i did the same thing. can't afford $500 for cd/vid. hopefully i'll get the set with the live stuff for midnight oil via "other means" soon!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

There is a terrific 4-disc import set called Total Eclipse that has tons of early stuff (singles, radio recordings, live stuff). Also has the movie versions of the The Wall songs (capped from laser disc, I believe)

http://ace-bootlegs.com/pink-floyd-total-eclipse/

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:There is a terrific 4-disc import set called Total Eclipse that has tons of early stuff (singles, radio recordings, live stuff). Also has the movie versions of the The Wall songs (capped from laser disc, I believe)

has this boot been liberated anywhere?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Zip City wrote:There is a terrific 4-disc import set called Total Eclipse that has tons of early stuff (singles, radio recordings, live stuff). Also has the movie versions of the The Wall songs (capped from laser disc, I believe)

I actually own it in physical format. Don't know if it is floating around digitally (though I'd be shocked if it isn't on a torrent somewhere)

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Looks like the $500 box set is all on Spotify

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:

I actually own it in physical format. Don't know if it is floating around digitally (though I'd be shocked if it isn't on a torrent somewhere)
Cool. I would want a hard copy, so I'll do the appropriate searches

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo?

Thanks for the link. I refuse to ever pay for a bootleg. On the same note, I don't/won't ever torrent/download/etc officially released material

tinnitus photography

Early Flights is a 10 vol set of PF boots, too, spanning their entire career pretty much.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Great quote from a review the LA show: "A fierce examination of the big picture is rare for a rockstar of Waters’ stature;
he’s the only guy left from the first wave of “dinosaur” rock bands who still fights
with the fire and passion of a teenage anarchist in a Dead Kennedys shirt".

Flea

Post by Flea »

chuckrh wrote:Great quote from a review the LA show: "A fierce examination of the big picture is rare for a rockstar of Waters’ stature;
he’s the only guy left from the first wave of “dinosaur” rock bands who still fights
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Great quote from a review the LA show: "A fierce examination of the big picture is rare for a rockstar of Waters’ stature;
x2

Whether you like the guy or not, you have to respect the fire in his belly.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck