The Creek

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Will

The Creek

Post by Will »

Had to make several trips between Atl and Valdosta in a short period of time a couple weeks ago. During that stretch, I discovered this radio station in Macon. They caught my attention when I was tuning through the stations and heard Hayes Carll. I kept listening and heard DBT, Isbell, Gram Parsons, Allmans (of course), all kinds of great Americana, blues and soul. I was just kind of blown away that I was hearing a locally owned radio station in this day and age. I've started streaming it during the workday, thought some of you might like to check it out. They're currently playing Fixing to Die by Col. Bruce in tribute.

http://thecreekfm.com/

I realize how much this reads like an ad, but I swear I'm just trying to be helpful. :)

Clams

Re: The Creek

Post by Clams »

Thanks for the tip. Listening now and it is just as you described.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Really glad you tipped me off to this. I live about sixty miles south of Macon and I've been listening to this station ever since you posted this. It's great! And it is really weird to have a station like this here but man I am loving it. Heard McMurty singing Copper Canteen riding back from fishing last Friday afternoon. Heard the Truckers on there the other day, Kinky Hypocrite. And coming home from work Wednesday I heard Decoration Day!
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Will

Post by Will »

Glad you guys are enjoying it! Just fired up the morning show and they're playing Isaac Hayes, so I think it's going to be a good day.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

No Depression profiles The Creek's Wes Griffith as part of their Radio Friendly series here.

Floating Down The Creek with Wes Griffith

Wes Griffith

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Heard Danko/Manuel the other day. Hearing that on terrestrial radio around here is weird and awesome. I love The Creek.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.