Lucero block party 2017

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

drjayhow

Lucero block party 2017

Post by drjayhow »

Always wanted to try this out, and with Son Volt on the bill I pulled the trigger. What a blast!! I highly recommend this! Uncle Keith and I sprung for VIP tickets. This was a great offer. When we arrived we got a cool laynyard and a really nice signed poster by the band. Outside the street was blocked off and they had food trucks and vendors. The vip tent was the best part. Close to stage with all you could eat BBQ and free beer. Yes free food and drink. Only downside was the weather. Cold front brought in 50 degree weather with mist. Also got an hour meet and greet with band. Just really nice laid back guys. Got pics with all of em. Ben and Rick did 2 song acoustic set in a small room. I will certainly be back. Hope some heathens will join me

drjay

jr29

Re: Lucero block party 2017

Post by jr29 »

drjayhow wrote:Always wanted to try this out, and with Son Volt on the bill I pulled the trigger. What a blast!! I highly recommend this! Uncle Keith and I sprung for VIP tickets. This was a great offer. When we arrived we got a cool laynyard and a really nice signed poster by the band. Outside the street was blocked off and they had food trucks and vendors. The vip tent was the best part. Close to stage with all you could eat BBQ and free beer. Yes free food and drink. Only downside was the weather. Cold front brought in 50 degree weather with mist. Also got an hour meet and greet with band. Just really nice laid back guys. Got pics with all of em. Ben and Rick did 2 song acoustic set in a small room. I will certainly be back. Hope some heathens will join me

drjay
I was there for most of it. Living here I can see lucero at least two times per year and the weather got to be a bit much for me during their set so I split.
I wish Sons Of Mudboy could get together a little more often.
And Son Volt is incredible right now. Their set was worth the price of admission.