NEIL YOUNG GULF COAST SOLO TOUR

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

blackwll

NEIL YOUNG GULF COAST SOLO TOUR

Post by blackwll »

Coming to a theatre near you - at least five shows on the coast from Clearwater to Biloxi. A couple have already sold out so jump on it if you are interested. I got a pretty good ticket for Panama City (!)

Swamp

Re: NEIL YOUNG GULF COAST SOLO TOUR

Post by Swamp »

blackwll wrote:Coming to a theatre near you - at least five shows on the coast from Clearwater to Biloxi. A couple have already sold out so jump on it if you are interested. I got a pretty good ticket for Panama City (!)

where did you get the tix? I can't find them at ticketmaster. We were thinking about the DBT mobil show but......
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Just curious.... what's Neil charging for tix to these shows? He's someone from whom you'd least expect it, but he's kind of a whore when it comes to charging big $$$ to see his shows.
If you don't run you rust

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Clams wrote:Just curious.... what's Neil charging for tix to these shows? He's someone from whom you'd least expect it, but he's kind of a whore when it comes to charging big $$$ to see his shows.

50 bucks for the good seats! and why are you in Chuck Town? Our friend Jon is up there for a wedding
this weekend.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Clams wrote:Just curious.... what's Neil charging for tix to these shows? He's someone from whom you'd least expect it, but he's kind of a whore when it comes to charging big $$$ to see his shows.

Tickets were $100 earlier this summer for Spartanburg. Definitely expensive, but so worth it. I think he charges so much because he is playing in small venues.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

4 on the floor. :D

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

$60 total but its so close I can't turn it down. Swamp, come on down to Panama City, there were still tickets left this morning on www.neilyoung.com

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

blackwll wrote:$60 total but its so close I can't turn it down. Swamp, come on down to Panama City, there were still tickets left this morning on http://www.neilyoung.com

We're there. we got 4 on row m

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Cool. Hope to see you there.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

http://www.marinaciviccenter.com/events ... 010-Sep-01

Still some tickets left in Panama City through the venue. Lower prices too. $30-40

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

blackwll wrote:Cool. Hope to see you there.

Tonight's the night!
Look for us. We won't be hard to reconize ;)

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Sorry I missed you. It was a great show. I did sit near a long lost friend from high school (that's a looong time ago).

The new album is up on NPR. I liked the live versions better. The old songs were great, just wish he had done something from 1979-2009, but a great show nonetheless. I did not know Allen Toussaint was opening up. He was great as well, so smooth but slapping the keys. I did not know he wrote that song the Dead played.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I really liked Allen Toussaint. Neil's show was great. "After the Goldrush" with the pipe organ
was killer. The electric guitars were an unexpected surprise. We had a great time and we were
lucky enough to get to shake his hand after the show. 8-) I talked to a guy in the beer line who
said he was more excited about seeing DBT tonight in Mobil :lol:
1. My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)
2. Tell Me Why
3. Helpless
4. You Never Call
5. Peaceful Valley Boulevard
6. Love And War
7. Down By The River
8. Hitchhiker
9. Ohio
10. Sign Of Love
11. Leia
12. After The Gold Rush
13. I Believe In You
14. Rumblin'
15. Cortez The Killer
16. Cinnamon Girl
---
17. Old Man
18. Walk With Me

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

As of last monday night my rock star bucket list is complete, except for the ones I have wait
till I get to the other side :D