Anders Parker - the Man Who Fell From Earth

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Anders Parker - the Man Who Fell From Earth

Post by Clams »

Around here, most folks will probably remember Anders Parker as one-fourth of the New Multitudes supergroup from a few years ago (along with Will Johnson, Jim James & Jay Farrar). I've become a fan of Parker over the years, he's a wicked guitar player and a pretty interesting dude. He plays music, takes cool photos, paints, etc. Anyway, he's got a new record coming in the spring called The Man Who Fell From Earth and he's got a page on the pledgemusic.com site with info about the record, some vids, rig rundowns, etc (and of course where he's trying to raise money for it). Check it out.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/andersparker

PS - he's also opening for Son Volt on their upcoming spring tour
If you don't run you rust

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Anders Parker - the Man Who Fell From Earth

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Clams wrote:Around here, most folks will probably remember Anders Parker as one-fourth of the New Multitudes supergroup from a few years ago (along with Will Johnson, Jim James & Jay Farrar). I've become a fan of Parker over the years, he's a wicked guitar player and a pretty interesting dude. He plays music, takes cool photos, paints, etc. Anyway, he's got a new record coming in the spring called The Man Who Fell From Earth and he's got a page on the pledgemusic.com site with info about the record, some vids, rig rundowns, etc (and of course where he's trying to raise money for it). Check it out.

No love for Varnaline? Saw them open for Son Volt in 97

He's also the non-Jay Farrar half of Gob Iron
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Clams

Post by Clams »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Clams wrote:Around here, most folks will probably remember Anders Parker as one-fourth of the New Multitudes supergroup from a few years ago (along with Will Johnson, Jim James & Jay Farrar). I've become a fan of Parker over the years, he's a wicked guitar player and a pretty interesting dude. He plays music, takes cool photos, paints, etc. Anyway, he's got a new record coming in the spring called The Man Who Fell From Earth and he's got a page on the pledgemusic.com site with info about the record, some vids, rig rundowns, etc (and of course where he's trying to raise money for it). Check it out.

No love for Varnaline? Saw them open for Son Volt in 97

He's also the non-Jay Farrar half of Gob Iron
Yes, Varnaline and Gob Iron too. I'm not writing his wiki page, man. Just alerting you to the dude's new record. :lol:
If you don't run you rust

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I loved Varnaline. I saw that Son Volt/Varnaline tour in 97.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Varnaline is how I first heard of Anders. They opened for Centromatic at Kings in Raleigh sometime in the early 00's. I also saw him with Gob Iron.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Big fan.
One of the most underrated songwriters/musicians going.
Incredibly nice guy too.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords