Kendrick Lamar

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

OkieinTexas

Kendrick Lamar

Post by OkieinTexas »

So I work with a guy that loves KL and I mentioned that Patterson always recommends him and showed him Patterson's year end review and he said Patterson obviously gets what he's doing. And guess what, Patterson was right. He is amazing and I am not a big "rap" fan. Do yourself a favor and listen.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Iowan

Re: Kendrick Lamar

Post by Iowan »

I've been meaning to. The problem is that I need to listen to rap loud or with head phones, so it's not conducive to office previewing.

linkous

Post by linkous »

Kendrick is a genius. Even his cast offs from the To Pimp A Butterfly album (eg the recent 8track LP called Untitled /Unmastered) are better than many rap albums this year.
Last edited by linkous on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Iowan wrote:I've been meaning to. The problem is that I need to listen to rap loud or with head phones, so it's not conducive to office previewing.
Yep, same problem. Can't listen at home, at work, or in the car, so it's hard to find the time to devote to it.

When I was running 15-20 miles a week a few years ago I would listen to good kid, maad city most days. TPAB never really clicked with me.
ain't no static on the gospel radio