New Daniel Hutchens Album

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

RevMatt

New Daniel Hutchens Album

Post by RevMatt »

The official release of Daniel Hutchens' new album "The Beautiful Vicious Circle of Life is here. The record was produced by Dave Schools and engineered by David Barbe. This is a personal album exploring themes of mid life crisis and regeneration. It contains some of Danny's finest songs.

The record release party is set for May 7 at The Caledonia Lounge in Athens. There are a number of special guests both rumored and confirmed. This show is well worth a special trip to Athens. Danny has gigs schedule throughout the summer, both with Bloodkin and as Daniel Hutchens. John Neff has been playing slide and pedal steel for both the Bloodkin and solo shows.

Here is a link to order your copy of the new record. https://danielhutchens.bandcamp.com
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

beantownbubba

Re: New Daniel Hutchens Album

Post by beantownbubba »

Nice to see ya, Rev.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

http://southernshelter.com/2016/05/dani ... 016-05-07/

Daniel Hutchens‘ release show for The Beautiful Vicious Cycle Of Life

The band on this features Brad Morgan, John Neff and William Tonks!

Thanks Sloan!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

blackwll wrote:http://southernshelter.com/2016/05/dani ... 016-05-07/

Daniel Hutchens‘ release show for The Beautiful Vicious Cycle Of Life

The band on this features Brad Morgan, John Neff and William Tonks!

Thanks Sloan!
Also David Barbe.

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I've never heard of this guy before ten minutes ago when I saw this thread but I like what I'm hearing from his new album (listening via youtube at work)- what's this guys story?
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

He is a co-founder of Bloodkin, closely associated with WSP (they play a lot of Bloodkin songs and Bloodkin often opens or plays after parties in association with WSP). Athens, GA band. Friends with Truckers too, of course. I bet if you google Hoods posts, he mentions them frequently.

Personally, I greatly prefer Bloodkin to WSP. They are playing a free show in Montgomery coming up soon.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Ahh, thanks. I have heard of Bloodkin before but I never bothered to check out any of their music.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gaetzi wrote:I've never heard of this guy before ten minutes ago when I saw this thread but I like what I'm hearing from his new album (listening via youtube at work)- what's this guys story?
Dig into Bloodkin. They're fantastic. Saw them Homecoming week at the 40 Watt and they were amazing. Neff was on pedal steel and guitar. Rev Matt works their merch table.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gaetzi wrote:I've never heard of this guy before ten minutes ago when I saw this thread but I like what I'm hearing from his new album (listening via youtube at work)- what's this guys story?
Dig into Bloodkin. They're fantastic. Saw them Homecoming week at the 40 Watt and they were amazing. Neff was on pedal steel and guitar. Rev Matt works their merch table.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

What albums should I start with? From a quick glance I recognize a bunch of tunes through Panic.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Gaetzi wrote:What albums should I start with? From a quick glance I recognize a bunch of tunes through Panic.
Baby They Told Us We Would Rise Again, Last Night Out, Creeperweed and Good Luck Charm are my favorites. I'd start with Creeperweed, Out of State Plates or Good Luck Charm though.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

actually...

An Intro to Bloodkin

I threw together this sampler, featuring songs from each Bloodkin album & a couple from the two Daniel Hutchens solo albums
click on the photo to download

This is from an old Bloodkin thread.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Thanks Smitty! I can't access the link at work but I'll check it out tonight.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

The record release party was fantastic. During the second set Danny was backed by a band that included David Barbe, Brad Morgan and John Neff. (I believe that was the first time Brad and John played together since Neff left DBT.)

Bloodkin is one of Athens' most legendary bands, having been together since Danny Hutchens and Eric Carter moved to Athens from West Virginia in 1986. They are closely associated with Widespread Panic who have covered many of their songs including WSP's biggest radio hit, "Can't Get High". Bloodkin is also the biggest influence on The Black Crowes.

In the past couple of years Eric Carter has significantly reduced the amount of shows he plays. Daniel Hutchens will not perform as Bloodkin without Eric and the two of them are the only true members of Bloodkin. In the past year John Neff has been playing lead and pedal steel for both Bloodkin and Daniel Hutchens.

I have been slinging merch for Bloodkin since September though I don't usually go out on the road with the band.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

the goodrev is a lifer. well done and rock on. much respect.