RIP Lonnie Mack

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

RIP Lonnie Mack

Post by Smitty »

Prince wasn't the only pioneering artist to pass yesterday.

"Memphis" sounds really familiar and I'm certain I've heard it before, but aside from seeing his name in a few random places I knew nothing of Mack before today. So much music, so little time.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

John A Arkansawyer

Re: RIP Lonnie Mack

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

It was just a miserable day. I heard about this and my mind went back to all those great Alligator records and then Son Seals dying and I am just sick to death of death. I'll be digging his stuff out later, if it's in the house here and not elsewhere.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Damn, first I have heard of this. He was a total badass. Like a lot of folks around my age, I learned of Lonnie Mack via the connection to and championing by SRV and also the Alligator albums. RIP Lonnie Mack
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I don't particularly like the Doors. I do like Roadhouse Blues though. Just this week I found out that John Sebastian played harmonica and Lonnie Mack played bass on it. Maybe that explains why I like it.