GnR reuniting

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: GnR reuniting

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
njMark wrote:I can't imagine being older than 15 and still listening to GnR, much less actually giving them any money.
I feel much the same way about Kiss but as I approached my 50th birthday a few years back, I started to revisit some of their older albums (beginning with Alive!). It was a nice walk down memory lane but I don't see any of those albums re-entering the rotation on a regular basis. Meanwhile, I have more than a few friends (my age and older) that have never stopped listening to them. I lost interest around '79 when they released Dynasty but it was seriously on the wane prior to that when the solo albums first came out. BTW, I'm not knocking anyone for still listening to Kiss or G n' R. Whatever floats your boat.
pretty much agree 100% with Kudzu here. However, I do put these two on once in a while and enjoy it immensely. Still hold a grudge against my parents for not getting my a Kiss costume for Halloween back in 76. I was 13 when Dynasty came out, totally recall older friends/older siblings of friends reacting angrily to this jumping off the shark :lol:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I don't get what being 15 has to do with anything
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Zip City wrote:Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest rock albums of all time. I don't get what being 15 has to do with anything
I think it has to do with music that meant more to you at that age than it did as you grew older, no matter how important the album or artist. I was never much of a G n' R fan but as someone that was apeshit over Kiss for a number of years as a teenager, that was my experience with them. And yes, despite the fact that I may only listen to them out of nostalgia on occasion, I do consider them important.