Peacemaker Fest Fort Smith Arkansas 7/31

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

drjayhow

Peacemaker Fest Fort Smith Arkansas 7/31

Post by drjayhow »

Never been to Ft. Smith, but saw the line up for Friday night and decided to go. Couple bands I never heard of, then Lucero with Jason Isbell as headliner. Good enough for me, in fact good enough for entire family. Taking wife and kids along for the rock show. First one for my triplets (now 14 years old), they are stoked. Hope to have good time. Hope to see some fellow 3dd folks.

drjay

John A Arkansawyer

Re: Peacemaker Fest Fort Smith Arkansas 7/31

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

I am so there! Fort Smith is my favorite town to drink in. Five am closing time and cheap taxis. There's also a great Italian restaurant.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I am so there! Fort Smith is my favorite town to drink in. Five am closing time and cheap taxis. There's also a great Italian restaurant.
Talianos?
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

John A Arkansawyer

Gator McKlusky wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I am so there! Fort Smith is my favorite town to drink in. Five am closing time and cheap taxis. There's also a great Italian restaurant.
Talianos?
You betcha! Though the little private room at that other place whose name escapes me and which has good but not great food makes it a nice spot for an intimate dinner.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Here's the line-up.

I've talked a lot on here about The Cate Brothers Band. They are third on the bill that night. They are really great. This is the original lineup plus the new (for twenty-some years now) saxophone player. If you're coming to this already, make sure you get there early enough to hear them. If you aren't coming to this already, this is one more real good reason to do so. And there's more!

Saturday night The Chris Robinson Brotherhood is headlining. I've heard they're pretty good. Also playing that day is Anders Osborne, who I know some folks here like, and Isayah's Allstars "Help On The Way". I've only seen Isayah once. He dropped into a gig with some friends of mine on extremely short notice and just killed with them. Brownout Presents Brown Sabbath sounds kinda great, too.

I don't know a damn thing about the Sunday lineup except what's in the description.

And one more thing--it's cheap as hell:

Thirty bucks for a three-day pass?

drjayhow

Post by drjayhow »

I will do my research on the Cate brothers and make sure I am early enuff to see them. I think FNW is considering making the trip. We may have to get a roll call going. Any 3DD folks I can catch up with get a complimentary drink (I'll get the missus to spring for it :D ) Apparently beer and wine available at the fest.

drjay

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

I know I'm gonna come across as an elitist asshole, but Ft Smith has taxis?
Having a broken heart wears you out.

John A Arkansawyer

Fool No Where wrote:
I know I'm gonna come across as an elitist asshole, but Ft Smith has taxis?
Visitors to Our Fair State don't need to be stepping in the streets, what with all the horse dung, spittle, and those deep, deep ruts.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

drjayhow wrote:I think FNW is considering making the trip.
Considering is over. Ticket purchased, hotel reserved. I just need to find my spare liver for those 5 AM bar closings :lol:
Having a broken heart wears you out.

John A Arkansawyer

Turns out the Cate Brothers go on this Friday at seven, not at four, so getting there early isn't quite the worry it had been.

I'm not nuts about driving my car (it's not broke, I just don't trust it fully) and would be happy to talk with anyone headed through Little Rock about a ride out and/or back.

drjayhow

Post by drjayhow »

That was a fun gig. Nice laid back hippie vibe to the show. Lucero good as always, but not my fave set. Seemed to drag a bit in middle. Just my two cents.

Isbell was great. Lots newer stuff along with decoration day, outfit, and never gonna change. Neat little city.

FNW and I were on rail whole time. Lotsa rocking and beering. Good times. My oldest daughter was on the rail with me for isbell set. Can't beat those memories

Drjay