Stones North America 2015?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Gaetzi

Stones North America 2015?

Post by Gaetzi »

Red Rocks?! 50 years and they've never played Red Rocks. Wow...

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/morni ... rocks.html

http://www.iorr.org/tour15/

I causally mentioned this to a buddy in Chicago and he casually states like it was common knowledge, "They're playing the Indy 500 Speedway on July 4th"- this is all news to me
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

mhc123

Re: Stones North America 2015?

Post by mhc123 »

I'm content, saw them in 94 and 97 however...

If the Stones are covering Sticky Fingers, (my second favorite Stones album behind Exile) they have to have Mick Taylor on the whole thing.
Last two years they have invited Taylor on a couple songs classics a night.
#justmytwocents
So I started this damn country band
Cause punk rock was too hard to sing

walthers

Post by walthers »

I too find it crazy that the Stones have never played Red Rocks. I was listening to The Mountain on the ride home from work yesterday and they were discussing this. I am very curious how expensive those tickets will be. I have never seen the Stones and am thinking I just might try to get to this show.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

After the GD50 ticket debacle I may just sell off a non vital organ to cover this summer's ticket costs. I have to assume every ticket they sell (face value) for RR will be in the $500-600 range. If not a bit more? My buddy splurged for 100 level tickets for their 2014 show at the Boston Garden, those were like $550 each (one of the guys with us is fairly out of touch and sincerely thought that was the cost for all 6 seats) But fuck, how can we pass up the first ever Stones show at Red Rocks? I'm in.

walthers

Post by walthers »

WOW! 500 - 600 bucks??? Damn, I was thinking (hoping) for something more like 250 or so. Damn, another job is def going to be in order to go to these summer shows.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

First time I ever gave over $10 for a concert ticket was 1975 to see The Stones in the Cotton Bowl. I think it was $12.50.
Eagles opened but we didn't stagger in til they were finished.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I'd love to go but I'm sure it will be way out of my price range. When they toured the last time I really wanted to take to kids to see them but I did the math and figured out that four of the top price tickets would have cost me more than I spent seeing the Dead 158 times.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I've seen them twice, the Voodoo Lounge tour in '94 and A Bigger Bang tour in 2005. The first one was free at I got tickets for my birthday. Still, they were in the $35 range in the bleachers at the opposite end of the stage at Carter Finley in Raleigh. I was also at the opposite end of the stadium when I saw them at Wallace Wade in Durham. Tickets for that were close to $100. I enjoyed both shows and believe the Stones tend to get a bad rap as far as being over the hill. For a band that's supposedly so far past their prime, a whole lot of people still continue to go see them and at highly exorbitant prices. Though I wouldn't mind seeing them again, the chances of that are slim, especially with their prices going into the stratosphere. I think the last big stadium show I saw was U2 around 2009 on the 360° tour at Carter Finley. As much as people love to bitch and moan about them, my tickets were $45. I was in the stands, not real far from the stage. Plus, with the spectacle they put on for that tour I didn't really feel like I was missing out on anything by not being closer. Though I don't rule out attending a stadium or arena sized show again, the older I get, the less enamored I am of all the hassles that are entailed with shows of that size. Now, get the fuck off my lawn!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Looks like billboards are starting to pop up- sounds like the official announcement will happen this week:

http://www.iorr.org/tour15/

Flea

Post by Flea »

Thanks, but no thanks.
Now it's dark.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

so much for Satisfaction Thursday........ (hoping that an announcement is still forthcoming.)

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

thanks for the updates

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

TCF Bank Stadium in June? I'm in!
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Barely_Oakely wrote:TCF Bank Stadium in June? I'm in!
You could tell The Current was in on this. Yesterday they played a 4 hour non-stop Stones block.

Probably still in planting season for me. Milwaukee's on my birthday and I should be out of the field by then.
Last edited by Iowan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Iowan wrote:
You could tell The Current was in on this. Yesterday they played a 4 hour non-stop Stones block.
Seriously? How in the hell did I miss that? I guess I didn't drive anywhere other than the grocery/liquor store yesterday, but I'm pretty sure my radio is stuck at 89.3...

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Think I'm going to take the Mrs to San Diego to catch the tour opener and enjoy a few days on the beach.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Barely_Oakely wrote:
Iowan wrote:
Seriously? How in the hell did I miss that? I guess I didn't drive anywhere other than the grocery/liquor store yesterday, but I'm pretty sure my radio is stuck at 89.3...
I'm about 10 miles out of range on my usual commute, but I had to go to Rochester yesterday and was in Current range most of the drive there and back (had to swing through St. Charles on my way home). I was listening between 3 and 5. Not sure when it started or ended.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

100% in for San Diego- hotel and flights booked and I just signed up for an AMEX- hoping to score good seats via the presale. Being land locked here in CO, a few days on the beach, lots of fish tacos and tequila and a Stones show sounds A-OK.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Holy shit... No Stones for me... The American Express card holder pre-sale started this morning at 10AM. I couldn't get to a computer before noon and everything other than $400 floor seats are sold out. The general public can't even get tickets until Monday, I think, and it's already all sold up. I think I'll fill this BS under my list of gripes about the modern ticketing industry. I guess I'll just find a seedy dive bar that day and hope Keef wanders in.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Holy shit... No Stones for me... The American Express card holder pre-sale started this morning at 10AM. I couldn't get to a computer before noon and everything other than $400 floor seats are sold out. The general public can't even get tickets until Monday, I think, and it's already all sold up. I think I'll fill this BS under my list of gripes about the modern ticketing industry. I guess I'll just find a seedy dive bar that day and hope Keef wanders in.
I once saw Keef coming out of St. Mary's in Rochester.

Not exactly a seedy dive bar, but that's feet on the ground in Minnesota.

jh13

Post by jh13 »

Barely_Oakely wrote:Holy shit... No Stones for me... The American Express card holder pre-sale started this morning at 10AM. I couldn't get to a computer before noon and everything other than $400 floor seats are sold out. The general public can't even get tickets until Monday, I think, and it's already all sold up. I think I'll fill this BS under my list of gripes about the modern ticketing industry. I guess I'll just find a seedy dive bar that day and hope Keef wanders in.
There will be more seats available Monday. Amex pre-sale only had about 10% of the available seats allocated.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I feel like I just got butt raped by Mick Jagger but I got killer floor seats on the AMEX presale.

John A Arkansawyer

Gaetzi wrote:I feel like I just got butt raped by Mick Jagger but I got killer floor seats on the AMEX presale.
If it'll make you feel any better, these are available on eBay:

(though I've seen them with a better Bowie picture on the Streets of San Francisco)

If you've got a good enough seat for him to see it, you might even get a reaction. Of some sort. Possibly from Keef:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Gaetzi wrote:I feel like I just got butt raped by Mick Jagger but I got killer floor seats on the AMEX presale.
If it'll make you feel any better, these are available on eBay (UPDATE--which is now showing me eBay ads on Facebook featuring this shirt):

(though I've seen them with a better Bowie picture on the Streets of San Francisco)

If you've got a good enough seat for him to see it, you might even get a reaction. Of some sort. Possibly from Keef:

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

I got mine today for Atlanta, I'm stoked to be going but trying not to think about how much I just paid for one concert :shock:

Van

Post by Van »

Stones Lucky Dip tickets available on their website for 29.50 each. You find out where you are sitting the day of the show.just pick up a pair for Pittsburgh!

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Five days until the tour kicks off in San Diego. They may be a bunch of old geezers but I have to say, I'm pretty fucking psyched for the show. All the Stones shows I've seen have been in arenas, I'm looking forward to the giant spectacle that is a Rolling Stones stadium gig. Not often (ever?) I'd prefer a stadium to an arena but the Rolling Stones remain the exception to the rule- Rumor is a surprise show at the Fonda in LA tomorrow night, showcasing all of Sticky Fingers and being filmed.

Shidoobee

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

was holding out hope to make San Diego but alas the dream is over.....
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing