Grateful Dead Core Four July3-5th Soldier Field

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Erdlivz

Re: Grateful Dead Core Four July3-5th Soldier Field

Post by Erdlivz »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Erdlivz wrote:I haven't received the pink slip yet. Loaded that envelope with 9 money orders to help get every option. I'm not even bothering with Ticketmaster at this point.

i just couldn't swing the mail order. I'm going to give the Saturday show a shot online and if a no go que sera sera.

I'll probably try for a couple nights too on Ticketmaster. I feel like something will be waiting in my mailbox when I get home. I should've used those money orders on the Homecomng Shows!!! doh. Unfortunately our calendar wouldn't permit a homecoming trek this year.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Cubfan006 will pull some strings for you fellas.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

tinnitus photography wrote:Cubfan006 will pull some strings for you fellas.

For Dean and Matt, of course...if I could, I would, but I don't know how... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhXSMal8AM

I'll already be paying out the nose. And with kid #2 unofficially on the way, I'll be lambasted for the big spending. But I will.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cubfan06 wrote:And with kid #2 unofficially on the way

8-)
If you don't run you rust

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

This whole thing's a scam. There's no show. All the glittery envelopes are going in the dumpster and the money orders are going in Bobby's arm.
Beebs is not a ragey man

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Beebs wrote:This whole thing's a scam. There's no show. All the glittery envelopes are going in the dumpster and the money orders are going in Bobby's arm.

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I heard the GDTS folks are/were sitting on $31 million in money orders. That's insane.

I also think it's insane they made people send in money orders and SASE in 2015!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gaetzi wrote:I heard the GDTS folks are/were sitting on $31 million in money orders. That's insane.

I also think it's insane they made people send in money orders and SASE in 2015!

Yeah I think they were looking at nostalgia and the whole think escalated quickly. Obviously the Ticketmaster sale is going to be nuts too and I don't even want to think of Stub Hub prices on this thing.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I don't think it's just nostalgia. It's smart business. Requiring money orders pushes all the fees onto the consumer directly, vs. processing say a credit card transaction and paying a few percent.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tyler wrote:I don't think it's just nostalgia. It's smart business. Requiring money orders pushes all the fees onto the consumer directly, vs. processing say a credit card transaction and paying a few percent.

Right, but does anyone do that anymore? The labor involved has to be intense, unless it's automated.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

No pink slip yet. My co-worker's husband called and said they got one in the mail today. I'm thinking tonight could be the night.......

My co-worker also mentioned (hearsay - he said, she said - rumor spewage...sorry) their friend is related to someone at GDTSTOO. They said they basically took the initial crate of mail coming in and designated that as the fulfilled ticket requests. Mainly west coast requests. I call bullshit. Otherwise I'm squirt gunning patchouli all over that office in a mail order fit. ;)

Overall, this has been some fun filled nostalgia.......................

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

I get the nostalgia angle but in 2015 I think it's ridiculous to ask people to fill out a 3X5 index card, SASE, get money orders, etc. They should have just borrowed Phish's online lottery system. Having $1000 plus dollars locked up in money orders that will likely just get returned to you? a few addled old hippies sorting through 60,000 individual requests? GTDS has to be sorely regretting this decision (not that anyone knew just how high the demand would be)

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I get the nostalgia angle

Totally being sarcastic. I like the colored envelopes but that's about it.

Survived another day though. Pink slip free.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Erdlivz wrote:
I get the nostalgia angle

Totally being sarcastic. I like the colored envelopes but that's about it.

Survived another day though. Pink slip free.

I really hope you score tickets but I'm interested to see if a pink slip sends you all ragey drinking binge or something.
Beebs is not a ragey man

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

I'm on the west coast, and no ones know has received tickets yet either, have heard of some rejections though....

I for one didn't mail order, Even for old times sake, these shows, being in Chicago (?) just cause it was the last place he played? Really? The show in 95 was, not that good, so why the location? Straight CASH!
This whole thing reeks worse than a shower less head after a three night run...hell most people are going to just 'experience' the scene again, well cool, EXCEPT, that 'Scene' was the straw that was breaking the camels back.
All the great venues that NEVER wanted the GD back because of the Circus that followed and hung around after they moved on from the final show of a tour were not a 'positive' impact the world, but Hey, Pay Up and get to experience the 'experience' without the one person that made the band special, while the Core Four 'pretend' to like each other again after their long split, ugh.

Should have called it 'Pay the Well'....
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I really hope you score tickets but I'm interested to see if a pink slip sends you all ragey drinking binge or something.

Still surviving. This could lead to a bender if the pink slip arrives.... I fear not getting tickets through this mail order and then shut out again with Ticketmaster. At that point, all hell will break loose.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

No results yet for me or any of colleagues either. I heard that everything that was postmarked after the 20th was filtered through and turned away.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Tiny post office over run with Dead Head letters.

http://www.sfgate.com/music/article/Dea ... 066622.php
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Erdlivz wrote:

Still surviving. This could lead to a bender if the pink slip arrives.... I fear not getting tickets through this mail order and then shut out again with Ticketmaster. At that point, all hell will break loose.

Every day that passes that you have not received a pink slip is likely a more promising sign. Especially seeing as though I have not heard of anybody receiving a positive ticket response yet. Still plenty of days before the public onsale on the 28th.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Pink slip for me yesterday as well another friend.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Insanity.. Short of stuff like the Radio City 1980 run, etc these tickets are going to be harder to get then tickets to the real GD were when Garcia was their guitar player.

Gaetzi

Post by Gaetzi »

Lastest rumor is that all the rejection letters have gone out. So if you don't get one in the next few days there's a good chance you're getting tickets

hendooman

Post by hendooman »

Single day tix on Stub Hub, anywhere from 1000 to 1500 right now. What confuses me is how do these folks already have tix? Think Bears Season Ticket holders had opportunities to buy tickets?

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

hendooman wrote:Single day tix on Stub Hub, anywhere from 1000 to 1500 right now. What confuses me is how do these folks already have tix? Think Bears Season Ticket holders had opportunities to buy tickets?

There are two types of Bears season ticket holders. PSL (Public Seating License) ticket holders who paid up front and one time only PSL fee of about $5,000 (you own the property to your seat), were given the option to only select one of the three dates. And only had a 7 day window to respond with their ticket request. My understanding is that the standard season ticket holders (without PSL's) did not have the opportunity to pre-sale. Very few Bears holders will encompass the tickets allotted out. At least that was what I had heard.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cubfan06 wrote:
hendooman wrote:Single day tix on Stub Hub, anywhere from 1000 to 1500 right now. What confuses me is how do these folks already have tix? Think Bears Season Ticket holders had opportunities to buy tickets?

There are two types of Bears season ticket holders. PSL (Public Seating License) ticket holders who paid up front and one time only PSL fee of about $5,000 (you own the property to your seat), were given the option to only select one of the three dates. And only had a 7 day window to respond with their ticket request. My understanding is that the standard season ticket holders (without PSL's) did not have the opportunity to pre-sale. Very few Bears holders will encompass the tickets allotted out. At least that was what I had heard.

Bears' Pricks?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Somehow still surviving. It may have been the awesome stick figure dancing bears I drew in colored pencil overlooking a shabby interpretation of the skyline.

We had a crazy blizzard here over the weekend with no mailman in sight so tonight could be pink slip city. My cousin and brother-in-law got their pink slips Saturday. :?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Erdlivz wrote:Somehow still surviving. It may have been the awesome stick figure dancing bears I drew in colored pencil overlooking a shabby interpretation of the skyline.

We had a crazy blizzard here over the weekend with no mailman in sight so tonight could be pink slip city. My cousin and brother-in-law got their pink slips Saturday. :?

I can confidently guarantee you will not get a pink slip today. It's a federal holiday.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

beantownbubba wrote:
Erdlivz wrote:Somehow still surviving. It may have been the awesome stick figure dancing bears I drew in colored pencil overlooking a shabby interpretation of the skyline.

I can confidently guarantee you will not get a pink slip today. It's a federal holiday.

:lol:

That explains all these kids at the gym.......

My off day. I get lost in the shuffle......obviously.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Matt, by my personal law of averages you have to land these tickets. Including myself, I now know twelve people who have gotten shut out, with nobody else still alive except for you. You are unlucky #13. You have to be landing that Golden ticket and bringing your Grandpa Joe (Mr. Erdz) with you for the ride.
When you land those Golden tickets, please let us know here, so I can join you in jubilation vicariously. I will be joining you on the Lakefront for a cold one and some Brats. Mine will cost me a mortgages worth though.
You're gonna land these.

Hud

Post by Hud »

I'm hearing of many ticketless returns
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes