2015 Album Releases

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: 2015 Album Releases

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

tinnitus photography wrote:what's the matter here?
I don't know. Maybe some of us that don't have the mindset of a 12 year old would like to be able to post on this board about artists we enjoy without folks such as yourself and Clams riding their ass about it. Just a thought.

On a more pleasant note, the next Peter Buck solo record is on the way. Info courtesy of the R.E.M. Timeline.
Our resident jangle master Peter Buck will be releasing his new solo album again via Mississippi Records - 'Warzone Earth',
featuring Scott McCaughey, Bill Rieflin, Kurt Bloch, as well as Annalisa Tornfelt, & new helpers such as Jeff Tweedy, Krist Novoselic & Chris Slusarenko.

This time the album will come in 2 editions with different covers, both designed by the soul legend who never was - Mingering Mike (Peter asked to be portrayed as a superhero, & got his wish!)

Keep an eye out for release dates - love the artwork!!
Last edited by Kudzu Guillotine on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

did that 10,000 Maniacs pun really fly over the top of your head? :lol:

and if you enjoy things like a re-recording of a twenty year old debut record, knock yourself out.

Kudzu Guillotine

tinnitus photography wrote:did that 10,000 Maniacs pun really fly over the top of your head? :lol:
It didn't. However your childish antics which grew tiresome long ago didn't.
tinnitus photography wrote:and if you enjoy things like a re-recording of a twenty year old debut record, knock yourself out.
I'll make the call as to whether I like it or not once it's released, not before.

tinnitus photography

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'll make the call as to whether I like it or not once it's released, not before.
ok, whatever you say, capt "I can't wait to hear it, nor can I wait for the tour"

Kudzu Guillotine

tinnitus photography wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'll make the call as to whether I like it or not once it's released, not before.
ok, whatever you say, capt "I can't wait to hear it, nor can I wait for the tour"
One can be anxious to hear a record (or to see someone in concert) without making any judgement calls on their quality (or lack thereof) beforehand, which I didn't.

tinnitus photography

you are already signing on for the tour, which, i assume will be after the record drops.

have fun.

Kudzu Guillotine

tinnitus photography wrote:you are already signing on for the tour, which, i assume will be after the record drops.

have fun.
I said, "I can't wait" for the tour. I didn't say beforehand that it's going to be the best (or worst) album or performance that I've ever seen. Even if I'm not taken with the album, it's not going to prevent me from seeing her in concert as one is not always like the other.

tinnitus photography

kudzu, if you need to calm that throbbing forehead vein, i suggest taking full advantage of all the board options

Kudzu Guillotine

tinnitus photography wrote:kudzu, if you need to calm that throbbing forehead vein, i suggest taking full advantage of all the board options
You would assume I'm upset. I'm not. Tired of your bullshit? Yes. Feel free to add me to your "Foes" list if you like, that's the message board equivalent of saying "nanny nanny boo boo".

tinnitus photography

if you'd just slow your breathing down a bit, you'd notice that i'm not the one tired of anyone's bullshit on here.

Kudzu Guillotine

tinnitus photography wrote:if you'd just slow your breathing down a bit, you'd notice that i'm not the one tired of anyone's bullshit on here.
Again, I'm not upset. However, you seem intent upon riding my ass for some reason. Part of being a music fan is being accepting of the fact that other folks may not share your musical tastes. Evidently your approach to that is to climb up my ass.

tinnitus photography

:lol:
Part of being a music fan is being accepting of the fact that other folks may not share your musical tastes.
my edition of How To Be A Music Fan is missing that excerpt.

Clams

Post by Clams »

If you don't run you rust

tinnitus photography

I can't wait until 2017, when Stone Temple Pilots will re-record and release the definitive 25th anniversary of _Core_.

it's gonna be sweeeeeet.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

New David Gilmour album on 9/15

My all time favorite guitar player, but man, he struggles with song writing. Not expecting much from this one, sadly
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

linkous

Post by linkous »

As the resident new music prophet of doom, I am delighted to see the following albums just about ready to drop.

Yo La Tengo - Stuff Like That There. I've been lucky enough to have already heard this. The sequel to Fakebook, YLT do stripped down cover versions, or reworkings of their own songs.

Low - Ones and Sixes. Having heard No Comprende, and What Part Of Me, the two brilliant teasers off the album I hope this finally sees the breakthrough this wonderful band deserve.

Kurt Vile - B'lieve I'm Going Down. I've heard this as well, and I can see it breaking him big time. Best of all, he won't have sold out to do it.

Destroyer - Poison Season.

Wilco - Star Wars gets a physical release. Can't wait to hear it in all it's vinyl glory, even if the 128kb download still sounds great as it is.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Zip City wrote:New David Gilmour album on 9/15

My all time favorite guitar player, but man, he struggles with song writing. Not expecting much from this one, sadly
Did you like On An Island?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

ramonz wrote:

Did you like On An Island?
I like a couple of the songs quite a lot, the rest is pretty boring

linkous

Post by linkous »

One of the best pieces of news this year. 2015 is not such a bad year after all, shaping up to be one of the best this decade.

http://pitchfork.com/news/59481-deerhun ... snakeskin/

Kudzu Guillotine

Recorded on March 24th, 2012, in Seattle, WA. The album was released on August 14th. Read more about it and listen to "Clear Eye Clouded Mind" here. Sounds like they have a new studio album due next year as well.
1. Clear Eye Clouded Mind
2. Waiting For Something
3. Happy Kid
4. Whose Authority
5. What Is Your Secret
6. Teenage Dreams
7. Weightless
8. Killian's Red
9. Jules and Jim
10. Concrete Bed
11. 80 Windows
12. When I Was Young
13. The Way You Wear Your Head
14. No Snow On The Mountain
15. Blonde On Blonde
16. Hi-Speed Soul
17. Looking Through
18. See These Bones
19. Inside of Love
20. Always Love
21. Blankest Year

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

His first record is by far his best.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Totally agree. 'Tis an obscure nugget that somehow falls beneath the cracks. What happened with About Face?! Is it just me or is this one crap?
lotusamerica wrote:

His first record is by far his best.

Kudzu Guillotine

From Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church which will air September 4 on Showtime. It will be available on DVD and Blu-ray October 30 including bonus footage not shown during the broadcast. A double CD and vinyl package called Freedom: Jimi Hendrix Experience Atlanta Pop Festival will be released on August 28. More info here.
“Fire”
“Lover Man”
“Spanish Castle Magic”
“Red House”
“Room Full of Mirrors”
“Hear My Train A-Comin’”
“Message to Love”
“All Along the Watchtower”
“Freedom”
“Foxey Lady”
“Purple Haze”
“Hey Joe”
“Voodoo Child (Slight Return)”
“Stone Free”
“Star Spangled Banner”
“Straight Ahead”

Kudzu Guillotine

^From Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church which will air September 4 on Showtime. It will be available on DVD and Blu-ray October 30 including bonus footage not shown during the broadcast. A double CD and vinyl package called Freedom: Jimi Hendrix Experience Atlanta Pop Festival will be released on August 28. More info here.
“Fire”
“Lover Man”
“Spanish Castle Magic”
“Red House”
“Room Full of Mirrors”
“Hear My Train A-Comin’”
“Message to Love”
“All Along the Watchtower”
“Freedom”
“Foxey Lady”
“Purple Haze”
“Hey Joe”
“Voodoo Child (Slight Return)”
“Stone Free”
“Star Spangled Banner”
“Straight Ahead”

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Smitty wrote:1. James McMurtry - Complicated Game
2. My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall
3. John Moreland - High on Tulsa Heat
4. Dwight Yoakam - Second Hand Heart
5. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit...
6. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
7. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (most pleasant surprise so far)
8. Steve Earle - Terraplane
9. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell
10. Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp
11. Calexico - Edge of the Sun (will probably end up a lot higher by the end of the year)
12. Bob Dylan - Strangers in the Night (on second thought, this may be the most pleasant surprise)
Wow, near totally different list than what I have now.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

McButton

Post by McButton »

I haven't been able to stop listening to Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats' self-titled album since it came out on Friday.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Smitty wrote:
Smitty wrote:1. James McMurtry - Complicated Game
2. My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall
3. John Moreland - High on Tulsa Heat
4. Dwight Yoakam - Second Hand Heart
5. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit...
6. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
7. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color (most pleasant surprise so far)
8. Steve Earle - Terraplane
9. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell
10. Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp
11. Calexico - Edge of the Sun (will probably end up a lot higher by the end of the year)
12. Bob Dylan - Strangers in the Night (on second thought, this may be the most pleasant surprise)
Wow, near totally different list than what I have now.
Really? A lot of those are pretty much stuck in place on my list. I don't think anything will top the Moreland and McMurtry this year for me it just matters which order I put them in at the end. I suppose Will Johnson's record has a chance to end up with those albums but I haven't heard it yet so I have no idea.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I don't even really know much more that's coming out the rest of the year. I think Jim James has a solo record, but that's a sketchy proposition at best. New Kanye? New Frank Ocean? No idea

Kudzu Guillotine

You can find a list of upcoming new album releases here.

As much as I love the new records from Courtney Barnett and James McMurtry, neither of them come close to Frazey Ford's Indian Ocean, which was released in late 2014.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:I don't even really know much more that's coming out the rest of the year. I think Jim James has a solo record, but that's a sketchy proposition at best. New Kanye? New Frank Ocean? No idea
Keith Richards, Will Johnson, Caleb Caudle, Joey Kneiser all pretty high on my list for the rest of the year.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved