Warren Haynes guitar tech

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Lone Wolf1

Warren Haynes guitar tech

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

Beebs

Re: Warren Haynes guitar tech

Post by Beebs »

Lone Wolf1 wrote:http://www.guitarworld.com/brian-farmer-warren-haynes-longtime-guitar-tech-dead-53

Imagine the stories he could tell.

Like the comment to the article says, how often do publications like that write articles about a tech?
Beebs is not a ragey man

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

i saw Farmer outside the tour bus in Athens 2 days before he passed

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

53 is not very old to pass. RIP. Talk about street cred, dude was Johnny Cash's guitar tech. Johnny Cash!
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

On Facebook, Greg Martin wrote:Woke up this morning with a funny Brian Farmer story on my mind. Back in February, Richard Young and I went to Skypac to hang with Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule. As soon as I walked the building for sound-check, Brian grabbed me from behind, gave me a hug and said, "You're going to jam tonight!!" After hanging with Warren, it was decided Richard and I do "Stay With Me" by the Faces, which we did. OK, here's where it gets funny. Warren initially wanted us to do it second set, but due to icey conditions outside, Richard needed to get home to feed the cows the next morning. When Brian told us we'd be jamming 2nd set, Richard immediately said he needed to get home to feed the cows. Well Warren calls Brian back and says, "OK, wait a minute, Richard and Greg have to leave to feed the cows??" Once Warren understood that Richard had to leave early, it all worked out. We had a great jam on "Stay With Me," then Richard went on home. I stuck around and played another song at song at the end, a good time was had by all. The next day I got the following text from Brian. Of course I apologized for any confusion the cows may have caused, Brian thought it was funny....

"Greg how'd Richard to with "the cows"? WE LOVE US SOME KY HEADHUNTER TYPES!!!! It's actually funnier letting him think about "Poor Richard" out there on a tracter bustin' up ice!!!"

Brian Farmer was good one, he will be missed!

‪#‎thankyoufarmer‬
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be