Sturgill Simpson Thread

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Sturgill Simpson Thread

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

hendooman wrote:
walthers wrote:Wow, I would like to say I am surprised at this but I knew it was coming, much like Chris Stapleton, just blew up fast. I swear it was just three or so years ago I saw him play the Bluebird, now the Pepsi Center. That place sucks, but I am still going to go, have to.
Agreed. I saw Stapleton lat weekend at the Sprint Center, 18-20,000 roughly with the floor. It was good but lost a lot with al the talking so called fans there.

No shit, The United Center in Chicago...count me out.

The "arena" in KC he is playing, Independence, MO to be exact is a minor league hockey arena. Perfect at about 6000 seats.
I didn't check out the entire list of venues, but will add that the Asheville Civic Center (despite whatever corporate name it has, will always be Civic Center to me) and Bill Graham Civic in SF both are in the 6000-8000ish range
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

I'm out for SF. Playing bigger venues is one thing, but bigger venues at higher ticket prices tells me he doesn't need my support.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

whatwouldcooleydo?

LBRod wrote:I'm out for SF. Playing bigger venues is one thing, but bigger venues at higher ticket prices tells me he doesn't need my support.
You had me at "he doesn't need my support"

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

LBRod wrote:I'm out for SF. Playing bigger venues is one thing, but bigger venues at higher ticket prices tells me he doesn't need my support.
I can't find any prices, did you see any listed? Tickets prices will probably determine how many shows I go to on the tour.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

rlipps wrote:
I can't find any prices, did you see any listed? Tickets prices will probably determine how many shows I go to on the tour.
Where you getting the info on tickets, Rod?
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Supposedly getting TMs "Fan Protection" from scalpers.

I'll reserve judgment.

DC and Philly venues will be perfect for these shows.
Dave

walthers

Post by walthers »

If you look on the civic center website it states prices. 69 for floor, 69 and 99 for seats.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

walthers wrote:If you look on the civic center website it states prices. 69 for floor, 69 and 99 for seats.
Plus fees. Not a fan of the civic.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

probably going to go for the Gorge but may do Portland instead. thinking about it. May 2 is mighty iffy on the weather at the Gorge.

whatwouldcooleydo?

LBRod wrote:
walthers wrote:If you look on the civic center website it states prices. 69 for floor, 69 and 99 for seats.
Plus fees. Not a fan of the civic.
I have a firm “never return to Bill Graham Civic for anything” policy. Awful venue, especially when they oversell it, which they do all the time. It would take a way stronger show than this to tempt me to consider breaking my vow

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Zip City wrote:
rlipps wrote:Here's the dates updated with the venues:

https://www.sturgillsimpson.com/tour
Holy shit, he’s playing arenas now? When did that happen?
Looks like some of the arenas will employ seating where parts of the upper arena and area behind the stage won't be sold based on some seating charts I saw on Ticketmaster. Still though, it's a pretty big jump from seeing him at the Summit City in Whitesburg, KY or the Green Lantern in Lexington, KY with less than 100 people there to playing places like Madison Square Garden.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Most of the venues that I checked didn't have ticket prices yet, but one of the shows I plan to attend, the Louisville tour closer at the KFC Yum Center, had 4 different pricing options: 90.50, 70.50, 50.50 & 30.50. I'm assuming this is without fees and such.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Neil pricing.

I always respected that Neil charged the least for floor GA, most for the seats closest to the floor, and middle for the upper seats.

it's rock music, stand and deliver.

walthers

Post by walthers »

That makes a lot of sense. I do not need a seat. I will stand all night

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

that's the spirit!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

just signed up for the presale. i've had good luck with that before. trying for the Gorge on May 2 as its on a Saturday. Portland on Friday would be tough for friends.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Anyone have any luck on the resale? I had tickets ready to pay twice and it gave me the "timed out" message. Can't tell you how much I hate ticketmaster. Only 300 level left, Stubhub is flooded with tickets going for twice the face value. :cry:

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

walthers wrote:Anyone have any luck on the resale? I had tickets ready to pay twice and it gave me the "timed out" message. Can't tell you how much I hate ticketmaster. Only 300 level left, Stubhub is flooded with tickets going for twice the face value. :cry:
It was an absolute shitshow. I accidentally added 6 Pit tickets twice, and then couldn't figure out how to quickly remove the latter 6 and couldn't proceed due to the ticket limit. So I lost all those. Then lost a whole shitload of different floor selections until I finally got 3 tickets in 116.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

walthers

Post by walthers »

Interesting. I had 4 floor seats, lost them as I stated but then when I went back in it told me 4 tickets exceeded my limit. Tried to by 2 and that left one left for the row and they told me I could not by just two, had to buy three. I tried and it told me I was exceeding the limit again. More work than I am willing do to try and go.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

walthers wrote:Interesting. I had 4 floor seats, lost them as I stated but then when I went back in it told me 4 tickets exceeded my limit. Tried to by 2 and that left one left for the row and they told me I could not by just two, had to buy three. I tried and it told me I was exceeding the limit again. More work than I am willing do to try and go.
Yeah. I'm gonna try the Sturgill artist "presale" here in 40 minutes to see if maybe they held back any decent seats from the verified fan "presale."
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

surprisingly the presale worked well for me. got ADA seats in the second row! spendy but i don't go to many shows nowadays.

walthers

Post by walthers »

chuckrh wrote:surprisingly the presale worked well for me. got ADA seats in the second row! spendy but i don't go to many shows nowadays.
Sweet, glad it worked for both of you on the good side of things and not the bots!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

walthers wrote:
chuckrh wrote:surprisingly the presale worked well for me. got ADA seats in the second row! spendy but i don't go to many shows nowadays.
Sweet, glad it worked for both of you on the good side of things and not the bots!
i had good luck with the presale for the Stones too. got the exact seats i wanted & didn't spend a fortune. i wish i wasn't eligible for the ADA seats but it comes in handy at times depending on the venue. i physically can't stand for shows anymore.

walthers

Post by walthers »

Sorry to hear about not being able to stand, at least the ADA are available, special place in hell for scalpers, let alone ones that take those tickets!

ford911

Post by ford911 »

Got good tix through the artist presale. The verified fan was a shitshow. Expensive but I’d hate to miss him.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

The whole process felt like a disaster on my end, but we came out with a couple tickets for the Nashville and Knoxville shows. I’m not big on Bridgestone Arena, but good for the boys for what’s looking like a monstrous tour.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Sturgill's still playing 1000 capacity rooms in the UK. Got my ticket for the Glasgow show at the end of January yesterday, for about $30.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Live Nation is going all out promoting the tour in the US. I saw a TV commercial tonight about the general on sale. Tyler Childers seems to be rocketing up now too. He just played a big theater here & there was a ticket crunch. Looking forward to the show, think Sturgill is going to go for the gusto. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the whole new record. I just watched the anime finally last night. I'm no expert on that but it was pretty good. I certainly like the music plenty. It sure ain't country, haha.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Struck out yesterday on the presales, every time I'd try to buy the tickets I wanted, it would say someone else had already purchased them. Held off because I knew there were a few more presales coming up this week, and I finally got 2 good seats for the Lexington, KY show this morning. Holding off on the Louisville show, will probably just buy uppers right before the show.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

A buddy bought extra Minneapolis tickets, so I'm going to buy one off him.