Sturgill Simpson Thread

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Mundane Mayhem

Re: Sturgill Simpson Thread

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

bovine knievel wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:20 am
That magnificent bastard.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 am
bovine knievel wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:20 am
That magnificent bastard.
He found something to rhyme with “Bronco.”
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Super stoked to be able to make this topo map graphic for Sturgill!
“Sturgill” wrote: As many of you may or may not already know, the Appalachian region of Southeastern Kentucky was ravaged by severe flooding this past Monday.

My hometown of Jackson, KY seemingly suffered the worst of it, especially the immediate areas around Panbowl lake and Lakeside where I lived as a child. Over 25% of Breathitt County was affected and in Jackson, a city with a population of roughly just over 2000, over 1000 people were displaced or completely lost everything. Some of those who lost everything did not have very much to lose to begin with and are now literally living in tent cities.

It goes without saying this is something weighing extremely heavy on my heart.

One week later, countless volunteers are still currently working around the clock managing donation distribution centers while city and county officials continue to evaluate what can and needs to be done. Not only in immediate terms of basic necessities and cleanup supplies but also long term to ensure every effort is being coordinated to help as many of those affected as possible rebuild their lives.

For all of you who contributed to the "Dick Daddy Survival School" charity campaign this past summer (and for all of you who did not) I am humbly asking for your support and assistance in contributing to this fundraising campaign in the form of purchasing one or more of the DDSS merch items we have designed specifically for this effort including a super fresh "White Flash" t-shirt celebrating Jackson's longstanding and greatest greasy little cheeseburger diner on the planet along with a Panbowl Lake topo map design t-shirt. 100% of all net proceeds will be directly, donated to "Aspire Appalachia" in Jackson, KY.

You guys raised close to a half million dollars this past June so I am now asking all of you that are able, with total humility and humanity, to respectfully blow that number completely out of the water and help a town I care deeply about put itself back together.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Sturgill

order here
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

bovine knievel wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:47 pm
“Sturgill” wrote: As many of you may or may not already know, the Appalachian region of Southeastern Kentucky was ravaged by severe flooding this past Monday.

My hometown of Jackson, KY seemingly suffered the worst of it, especially the immediate areas around Panbowl lake and Lakeside where I lived as a child. Over 25% of Breathitt County was affected and in Jackson, a city with a population of roughly just over 2000, over 1000 people were displaced or completely lost everything. Some of those who lost everything did not have very much to lose to begin with and are now literally living in tent cities.

One week later, countless volunteers are still currently working around the clock managing donation distribution centers while city and county officials continue to evaluate what can and needs to be done. Not only in immediate terms of basic necessities and cleanup supplies but also long term to ensure every effort is being coordinated to help as many of those affected as possible rebuild their lives.

For all of you who contributed to the "Dick Daddy Survival School" charity campaign this past summer (and for all of you who did not) I am humbly asking for your support and assistance in contributing to this fundraising campaign in the form of purchasing one or more of the DDSS merch items we have designed specifically for this effort including a super fresh "White Flash" t-shirt celebrating Jackson's longstanding and greatest greasy little cheeseburger diner on the planet along with a Panbowl Lake topo map design t-shirt. 100% of all net proceeds will be directly, donated to "Aspire Appalachia" in Jackson, KY.

You guys raised close to a half million dollars this past June so I am now asking all of you that are able, with total humility and humanity, to respectfully blow that number completely out of the water and help a town I care deeply about put itself back together.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Sturgill

order here
nice design

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

bovine knievel wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Sturgill

order here
I’m gone get me one.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Thanks, Cole!! 8-)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Bovine, that's awesome you got to design this for Sturgill. I'm going to order one too, as this literally hits close to home for me. Sturgill's hometown is a little over an hour from me, and we got devastated by the recent flood as well. Our local baseball facility, which hosts our Little League, along with the high school and middle school softball and baseball teams, was destroyed and it's looking like our teams might have to play all road games this season. I appreciate Sturgill and others doing things to shed some light on this region and to help out.