For the John Paul Keith Fans

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

For the John Paul Keith Fans

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

JPK will be a guest on Rick Cornell's Dirty Laundry show on WCOM in Carrboro, NC tonight at 10 pm, program description below.

Tonight’s Dirty Laundry... I’m quite pleased to be able to say that my phone-in guest tonight is John Paul Keith. He’s having an excellent year, with his album Memphis Circa 3AM, his Motel Mirrors collaboration with Amy LaVere, and even a cool 7” release. And we’ll hear from all three of those during JPK’s time on the air. To set the stage for the Memphis talk, the show will start with geographically appropriate selections from Austin Lucas, Solomon Burke, King Curtis, and Richard Ferreira. Tune in from 10 to 11 at 103.5 FM or wcomfm.org.

one belt loop

Re: For the John Paul Keith Fans

Post by one belt loop »

I'm very excited to see him this weekend at the Hangout.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Kudzu Guillotine

one belt loop wrote:I'm very excited to see him this weekend at the Hangout.

The one and only time I've ever seen him was at the Lost Highway Records showcase at some abandoned airplane hanger during SXSW 2001. He was a member of Ryan Adams' Pinkhearts then and was walking around wearing a shirt that said, "who the fuck is Ryan Adams?" Not a very memorable show to be honest but the line up of the band was stellar as was the showcase itself (Tift Merritt, Robert Earl Keene and Lucinda Williams).

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

I love his new album.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

jr29

Post by jr29 »

one belt loop wrote:I love his new album.

Same here. I have been trying to work a JPK show into my schedule for a few months now, but it isn't working out. I saw him open for Lucero back in the summer and he was great.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
one belt loop wrote:I'm very excited to see him this weekend at the Hangout.

The one and only time I've ever seen him was at the Lost Highway Records showcase at some abandoned airplane hanger during SXSW 2001. He was a member of Ryan Adams' Pinkhearts then and was walking around wearing a shirt that said, "who the fuck is Ryan Adams?" Not a very memorable show to be honest but the line up of the band was stellar as was the showcase itself (Tift Merritt, Robert Earl Keene and Lucinda Williams).

caught him a few years ago the nite after mardi gras. his voice was shot. about 6 people in the room. dude put on hella show. was slurping some bullfrog whiskey lemony honey thing. ripped it up. telemaster he is.

Kudzu Guillotine

For those that are interested in tuning in, Rick is interviewing JPK now on WCOM.

Southern IL Trucker

Post by Southern IL Trucker »

Saw him 4 times this year the new record is my favorite album this year!