Atlanta area Christmastime shows

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

blackwll

Atlanta area Christmastime shows

Post by blackwll »

Any hope of getting out of the (admittedly very nice) in-laws house for late December in ATL? A brief review of interwebs is drawing a blank. Isbell in ATL on Dec 6th is a possibility but don't know if can make it up there that early for a second trip. Looking around Dec. 20-30. DNC at Variety Ph on 31st but will prolly be home by then. Interestingly, Isbell in Selma is already sold out. Since he does a fixed set for each tour, no real surprises expected but it was a great show. Really looking for something a little different but not Drake or Justin Timberlake (in price or content).

Will

Re: Atlanta area Christmastime shows

Post by Will »

The 20th and 21st at the Earl are the annual Charlie Brown Christmas shows. They get local musicians to cover all the music from the special with it playing the background. The openers usually cover another famous Christmas album--it was the Ventures a couple of years ago. It's pretty fun, but it sells out, so I'd buy tickets ahead of time if you're thinking about going. Looks like Ruby Velle & the Soulphonics are playing there on the 28th too, which is always a good time. Shows over at Blind Willie's during the week are usually pretty cheap and fun, too.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Here's a list of what I could scrounge up this morning w/ venue, artist and date info

Dec 20. - Smith's Olde Bar - Please Rock Me, this is an offshoot of the popular Yacht Rock Review that does the music of the Beatles note for note, a lot of fun

Dec 21 - Variety Playhouse - Kingsized Holiday Jubilee - Big Mike Geier and his Kingsized Rock ‘n Roll orchestra, along with the Dames Aflame Dancers, Really Big Santa and other special guests, bring tidings of comfort and joy with their signature glitz and glamour in what has become a tinsel-time tradition at the Variety Playhouse. The all-ages 90-minute show features your Holiday favorites by the likes of Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Heat Miser, The Grinch and more!

Dec 22. Terminal West - The 3rd Annual Atlanta's Holiday Hootenanny
w/Randall Bramblett, John Cowan, Col. Bruce Hampton, The Mosier Brothers, Grant Green Jr., Caroline Aiken, Count M'Butu, Donna Hopkins, Jeff Sipe Trio, Yonrico Scott, Mark Van Allen, Bobby Miller, Jeff Autry, Diane Durrett, Gaurav Malhotra, Leah Calvert, Ralph Roddenbery + Much More

Dec 27 - Buckhead Theatre - Futurebirds Roadkill Ghost Choir New Madrid

Dec 28. - Buckhead Theatre - North Mississippi Allstars

Dec 27-31 - The Tabernacle - Sound Tribe Sector 9 has a run at the Tab, hopefully their bus breaksdown on the way to the show ;) sorry not a big fan of STS9 or their fans.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Bloodkin is playing GA Theatre with Neff and a bunch of other musicians for $10. May have to see if I can get a running buddy up for that. Also doing after show party on the 30th for WSP. That night is sold out but $70 tickets still available for NYE. Doubt I will still be there for that one or would make it if I did.