Cheap Trick's Live At Budokan Turns 35

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Cheap Trick's Live At Budokan Turns 35

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Couple of great articles on the 35th anniversary of Live At Budokan for anyone that might be interested in checking them out. I saw Cheap Trick for the first time back in 1978 when they played Cumberland County Arena in Fayetteville, NC on a bill that also included AC/DC (who headlined) and Nantucket. This must have been prior to the co-headlining tour Rick Nielsen mentions in the Time magazine article as Cheap Trick opened the show I saw. For whatever it's worth, I still don't own a copy of the original Budokan record...

Cheap Trick Celebrate 'At Budokan' Anniversary With Intimate New York Gig
Band marks 35th year with big fun in boutique on former CBGB site

Cheap Trick perform for the 35th anniversary of 'At Budokan' at John Varvatos in New York.
Jack Jeffries/Courtesy of Sony Music

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catching Up With Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen, 35 Years After At Budokan (Time)

By Melissa Locker

Flea

Re: Cheap Trick's Live At Budokan Turns 35

Post by Flea »

KG, this version is the one to purchase if you're innarested - full concert, and the DVD

Now it's dark.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Flea wrote:KG, this version is the one to purchase if you're innarested - full concert, and the DVD

I have a version of this but it's the one with one CD (the first night, April 28) and DVD. Apparently there's a box set with 2 CD's and a DVD. There's also something called The Complete Concert. I just meant that I've never owned the actual Live At Budokan record despite being a lifelong Cheap Trick fan. I have the box set (Sex America Cheap Trick) and various other albums on vinyl and CD but I still need to fill a few holes, namely their first two albums.

RMD

Post by RMD »

Their debut is a must have.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

LOVE THEM!!!! had their poster hanging over my closet door in my bedroom when I was a teenager and they were the first concert I ever went to and went with my mom :D
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

i saw them on the Dream Police tour.